Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesFire Death After TP
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fire Death After TP

A week or so ago,  I was on fire and didn't think I was going to make it.  I tp'd home to try for my water source, but died a few steps from it.  When I tp'd back there from spawn (maybe 3-5 seconds later) there were no items.  I thought maybe I lagged, so I ran back to the cave where I had been on fire and no items there either.  I figured it was some sort of glitch and probably wouldn't happen again.  Also, the fire was from a mob that bumped into me, not swimming in lava or something that tends to destroy everything.

Anyhow, today in aether, I fell and then tp'd back to my island while falling and was killed by fall damage (expected) but after tping back, there were no items.

This led me to wonder about this death and the earlier death and if tping out of danger is set up to intentionally keep your items from dropping.  I know I've relied on tping to safety many times and in the past (several years ago) it worked to at least save your items if you died after the tp.

I was able to re-create the sequence of getting caught on fire, then tping home then dying while carrying just a couple expendable items today and again nothing dropped.

Is this a bug?  Is it intended?

Thanks.

-Hyland

Hey there, sorry about this.

It's definitely not intended. I am not sure what causes it, I can only assume that there is something that is "cleaning up" the items to save resources and overdoes it.

Let me look into it. Unfortunately I wont be able to get your stuff back, but I hope I can avoid the same thing from happening again.

No worries on the stuff.  A bit of help and I made better stuff.  :)  This latest time in the aether, I know better than carrying valuables when building around edges.

Thanks for taking a look.