Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking to getting back on soon

I have been slacking on Uncovery but with good reason.  Over the summer my back was hurting more than normal So I was taking a bit of a break.  I get real grumpy when I am hurting.  I was getting good and was going to start building more and then it happened....

Then I was flooded by hurricane Harvey.  We lived on the first floor of an apartment complex and every floor unit flooded.  When the water started getting up in the parking lot I looked for higher ground.  I found an upstairs unit nest to us that the previous renter moved out a week ago.  So I broke into the unit and my husband and I had 6 hours to move stuff to the other unit.  Computers, food, clothes, bedding, and some of the kid's stuff animals.  We lost a lot that was still in the unit.  The water got over the desktops in our unit.  52 inches of rain in a few days is not a good thing.  Another family, mother and son, was flooded out also so we shared the unit with them.

The next day we got out by boat.  The boat hit a submerged car on the way to high ground and scared the hell out of me.  We spent 5 days in the shelter, a church.  Was very nice there.  Real good food, lots of clothes and toys.  Had a total of 18 cots in our room.  It was one of the best shelters in the area.

My dad picked us up after the flood waters went down.  We recovered the stuff we moved to the other unit but pretty much lost everything else left in our floor unit.  We even lost our van.  My dad took us to where he lived, a 6-hour drive away.  We were very lucky, my aunt had a 4 bedroom rent house for us to move into.  I got a suburban to replace the van.  Right before the flood I went to full coverage on the van so it was covered.

It has been very crazy and hectic.  We have internet but it is not very good for gaming but we are getting better in a few days.  Once it is up I should be able to play on Uncovery again.  I miss all you guys and can not wait to be able to talk to you all soon.