- I cannot build anything nice! What shall I do?
Just because you think you cannot show off your build, does not mean you should show off your self-pity. Just build what you like. We do not care if it’s a mud house or a diamond cathedral. We want you to have fun. If you are here only to complain how poor your building skills are, you better go somewhere else.
- I built something amazing for the city! Can you copy it over?
Do not build something because you think the city needs it. Do not ask me to copy things because “you built it for the city”. Specially not if it took you 30 minutes to build it. If you want your stuff to be seen, post it on the forum. If I think the city needs it, I will copy it.
- How can I have more lots? I need more space!
You can wait until you are citizen. Then you get a lot in the aether which is 192×192 large. You need to be on the server for 4 months to become citizen. You can also try to win a contest. We run almost permanently one, if not 2 contests. If you win within your rank, you will get a higher level, and then additional lots.
- I have a flatlands lot, and contests are often for survival only, how can I win a contest and get more lots then?
Contests are now held in a special contest area, where you can get a lot using the in-game contest system. Of course, to gather the resources you need, you’ll have to travel to the darklands, our resource world. If you would rather not have a flatlands lot anymore, you can also choose to abandon your creative lot and move to the empire.
- I would like to have a notice/sign board in spawn or elsewhere with rules, ads, information, whatever.
Sorry, this will not happen. I have enough to do keeping the website up to date with stuff. Also, writing/editing the in-game signs is a really big pain. I do not want to do that. Also, I do not want that people rely on several places to find info. If you have one watch, you know the time. If you have two, you never know which one is correct.
- I need something but cannot find it. Can you sell it to me?
No. I only sell a limited number of items that are difficult to obtain, which you can see in the shop when you type “/list uncovery”. I do not buy anything. Don’t ask for it.
- I won’t be online for some time, will you delete my stuff?
Yes. If you do not login on the server for some time, your lot will expire. The normal lot expiry time is 1 month after your last login. If you are Architect or above level, and while you are DonatorPlus the expiry is 2 months. Also, skylands lots expire after 2 months only.
- I got bored with my protected lot and would like to restart from scratch, can you reset my lot? Or can I switch from Empire to Flatlands?
No I won’t. If I start doing this, I will have people migrating from one lot to the other and I have all the work. You select a lot, you keep it. I allow people to switch from Flatlands to Empire as an exception, but only in one way – once. I cannot keep track of people switching forward and backward. Every switch is work for me, and I have better things to do than to deal with your indecisiveness.
- Can you enable the /item command for certain people? Can you give out free items/blocks etc on?
No. You chose to build in a survival map, then you build with survival tools. People mine, and build from what they mine. If you are not fine with that, immediately go and find a different server.
- Can you give us Worldedit Commands?
No. Worldedit is unable to respect lot protection and it is VERY easy to crash a server abusing worldedit.
- Why are the rules as they are? What are you trying to achieve?
I created an “About this Server” page where you can read all the soft facts about the server. Please have a read!
- How long until you make a new map?
Well if all goes well, I will never make a new map. The biggest reason would be if an update to minecraft would allow things that are important and only available in a new map.
- Can you reset the nether?
I will not. It’s a survival game. The nether does not have a size limitation. You can walk out far and find tons of glowstone. The only exception is when an update introduces new terrain generation in the nether, as happened with 1.5 and beta 1.8.
- I lost something during a crash/death/theft/whatever, can you give it back to me?
No. I cannot. I cannot verify what you had before and I don’t hand out stuff. If you had bad luck, that’s what you will have to live with. If someone tricked you, same. Same goes when I personally kill you as a reminder when you violate a rule or ignore a FAQ.
- Can I allow others to build inside my protected area?
Yes, you can do so yourself. Please see the user levels page for instructions.
- Can the admin give me items / do something larger for me / convert blocks / remove stuff?
No, sorry, not possible. If I start doing that its first of all not fair towards others and second of all, I have better things to do. I spend enough time with admin tasks for you guys and want to have some time also building on the server. If you want to build crazy stuff without the mining, you better go to a creative world instead of a survival world.
- I have chosen the wrong lot! It’s all in the water! Can I change?
No. You cannot. You are supposed to go there first and check it out. I am not working extra to reward your laziness. Take it as a challenge and build something on the water.
- How long does it take to get to higher level such as “Architect” or “Master”?
I do not know. I award those levels to people that have been around for a long time and who build cool stuff, those who help others etc. There is no schedule, no plan on this. I do it as I wish.
- Is uncovery also just playing Survival or does he have the possibility to spawn blocks etc?
No, I do not follow the rules of the game like everyone else. I can spawn all I like and I have tools that make giant cylinders and spheres with a command. I know, sounds like I am lazy. But I spend most of my time on this server with administration stuff. I guess about 70%-80% of my time is not related to building something in-game, but discussing with plugin authors, working on the website, testing updates, answering questions on the blog, forum in-game. So I am happy to have something to speed up my work when I build w/o feeling bad about it.
- I have this client mod “x” that I want to install. Is that OK?
No. The only client side mods that are allowed are normal texture packs, stuff like optifine and a minimap that shows you your immediate surroundings. Texture packs that show you things that the normal texture does not show are not allowed. All other modifications are not allowed either. No flying, speeding, no-clip (walking through walls), whatever it is – it is not allowed.
- I want to start my own server! Can you help me?
No. I am busy enough working on my server, I do not need additional work on yours. Please do not ask questions how I got stuff done, how to install things or how I configured whatever.
- Are there limitations on breeding mobs?
Yes. Use the /headcount command to see the limit in the region where you are standing in-game, or the chunk if you are in a world without defined regions. If you attempt to breed more mobs than are allowed, the mobs simply will not spawn.
- Why aren’t Iron Golems spawning?
Natural spawning of Iron Golems has been disabled due to issues with golem farms causing lag.
- Can I help other players with the Settler quiz if they are having trouble?
No, strictly speaking you should not. Players are informed on the quiz page that asking for the answers can get them banned. In turn, nobody should be assisting guests with the Settler quiz. The intent is that players should pass the quiz without assistance. Of course, this is difficult to enforce in reality, with people in the same house, on the phone, or whatever, but to the extent we can do anything about it, helping with the quiz is prohibited.
Special FAQ regarding lot resets:
- I will be on holiday, will my lot reset?
YES. If you do not login within the reset time, it will reset and I will not do anyhting about it.
- Can I keep my lot even if I do not login for a month?
Yes. Become DonatorPlus.
- But I do not want to donate or go away for longer than 2 months. Can you reserve it for me?
- Do I have to tell you now that I will be offline?
- When will the lot next to me reset?
Find out yourself. Go to that owner’s page on the userlist and calculate yourself when that will be according to the users level and his last login date.
- Can I get a warning before my lot resets?
No. Use a calendar.
- My friends lot will be reset, but all my stuff is there and we built the lot together, what can I do?
Go there and take what is yours before it resets. I will NOT stop the lot from resetting. If anything o your stuff is gone during a reset, it is your problem.