Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Future Contest Suggestion

Page 1 of 2Next

Any interest in a people cannon contest?  additional voting categories could be height, or distance.

Then the issue is how you go about reloading the cannon if you do not have permission on the lot. That would still be hard to do.

Bad News: Due to a new Worldguard update, as of yesterday the tnt cannons no longer launch a player even 1 block.

It was fun while it lasted!

Since the nether is being reset soon.how about something that involves a nether theme of hell and chaos?

I have also been playing with cannons lately and I would love this

As much as I have loved messing around with these human cannons, I see many flaws. This contest would not be very easy for those of lower rank.  The cost of TNT would be too much for people to test the cannons.  You would also die from the fall and explosion.  This would almost force the contest to be done in creative mode.  Even if this were to be done in creative mode, people are able to change the state of redstone repeaters without having permission on ones lot.  This would break some cannons and cause issues.  We would also have to reload the TNT, which means there would be no protection on the lots.  As much as I want this, I do not see any way to make it grief proof.  When there are ways to grief, people will do it.  Especially when there are promotions and diamonds at stake.  Sorry to burst your bubble. lol

You are aware that we do have creative contests, right?

Scratch that I read too fast
You have a good point tbrew

You can always cover your repeaters with blocks

Or, to hit other upcoming holidays; Presidents, Valentines, St. Patricks, etc.

I would love to see a larger scale contest, with bigger size restrictions. Maybe an industrial theme.

Maybe lots could be:

Height: 80 Length: 50 Width: 50

I like the idea of larger builds.  I figured I would suggest a few themes that came to mind:

Jungle
Nature
Ruins
Industrialized Areas
Sand
Floating/Airborne
Movies
Nether/Hell
Heaven

That list was made based off of what some people above said, what I have heard people talk about in chat and my personal suggestions. I am not sure if any of those grab your attention.  Hopefully you will like at least one.

...or several.

I thought it would be neat to have a sand castle contest where you could only use sand, buttons, and torches.

The best theme would be: Pretty Pretty Princess :D

I vote for one of three contests.

1. roman themed

2. Medieval city

3.Super-skyscraper

no size limits.

*Throws everything to the ground* Pine wins.The End.

I think Pine will change his ideas once we tell him that he can't enter Heaven's Reach

Or Rome

or anything that doesnt have a Hiosa Seal of Approval

Page 1 of 2Next