Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guest user rights.

Page 1 of 2Next

So i've been here for a while. and i've noticed that when guest come they have to travel to their new lot because they are always falling into caves and things like that. So i was thinking of an idea of giving them something off this list.
-Ender pearls
-A horse
-The /fly command (essentials.fly) for essentials

I think one of these should be added to stop guest leaving so early because they get bored of starting again from spawn because they got stuck.

Thanks
-Spencer

the /fly command could be useful actually. Enderpearls would definitely be the next best thing. Dunno if horses would help that much though.

It's not that bad of an idea. I could get behind this :)

Here's a better idea: Why not just TP them to the plot?

giving them tp is a bit lazy in my opinion. and they wont be able to see all the awesome build people have made.

i support andrews idea wether that be coding in or an elder or master helping. i fee like the enderpearls could be abused. :/

If they got enderpearls it cant be abused because they wont be able to pickup or even drop things

You also have to remember the essentials that are given are able to be obtained by anyone. Unless this has changed since i have left, so getting the essentials would give them enderpearls/horse/fly when they were a settler or architects

If we want to make it easier for them, I rather teleport them to the lot. I am hesitating to do so however. How often is this an issue anyhow?

The whole guest level is made so that they are invincible but also cannot do any damage.

The question is if it is currently more work for Guests to do /sethome and /home or /spawn and try again as opposed dealing with jerks who abuse stuff. We would basically move the work from the Guest to the rest of the present people on the server.

perhaps just an accelerated speed or jump height could eliminate some of the problems for guests however it could also create other issues like the aforementioned

Doing anything else like jump height or speed is by dimensions more complicated than just teleporting them to their lot.

I am happy with anything. also good idea @benjaminpoher. and also a guest has just left because he had to keep starting over. i guess it is his fault anyways because he kept falling into caves.

Would elders and masters be responsible for that and if so do the elders want to be drug away from what they are doing?

I helped pull a guest out of a couple pits today. It's not a serious problem really, but it can inconvenience someone who's halfway to their lot. To be fair, they are supposed to frequently set homes though to minimize this.

Is it possible to remotely teleport someone to a lot from the website, while they are selecting a lot from the map during the quiz?

And unc if anything like what benjaminpoher said i could look into a plugin or even get my friend to make one for putting this kind of effects on people. on his server right now he uses it for ranked groups and also can be used as a command. if you are thinking about that let me know and ill look? :)

pine I can make a command like the one used for the skyblocks
spencer thanks, that's kind but I can do that with normal commands. I want to avoid installing any more custom plugins if possible. They only need to be maintained which is extra work.

Teleporting someone to a lot should not be that hard through the website. it is just sending a tp command to the server but getting the coordinates to the location might be hard (i have no idea on how the map works) it will be a command like this : /tp <player> <x> <y> <z>

It's easy, as I said I have this functionality already for the skyblocks.

Quite frankly, and it mightve been touched on before, but if they get tired and didn't actually look at there lot, then they didn't follow the instructions in the first place.

They dont need special things.

Thief, I think the idea would be to teleport to the lot before you select it.

Another idea that i'd just like to throw in is the possibility of having multiple empire portals. I think that we used to have this a very, very long time ago with the old world, where there was a SW, SE, NW, NE, etc portal. This might prove beneficial, since it would at least get new users close.

Page 1 of 2Next