Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ideas for new server content

Page 1 of 2Next

TRANSFERRED FROM POST IN UNRELATED THREAD

================================

How about a creative kingdom? 30k a plot?
I’d sell everything I owned for one of those. More if it was aether based generation.
Possibility: Achievable, duplicate of kingdom with higher unc value plots and the world generator set to aether.

Travel via user made portals:
http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/creativegates
creative gates for kingdoms removing need for roads, makes travel worldwide much easier.
Possibility: Achievable using modlink

Travel via dragons!
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/dragontravel/pages/faq/
(no, really) Don’t forget to shout Fus Ro Dah on the way.

Add colors to signs
http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/coloredsigns

Implement player owned worlds.
ie 100k could buy a world connected from the city.
Possibility: Achievable, possibly manually configured. If an automatic system could be developed + combined with the user made portals mod it opens up a world of possibilities for content.

Add additional interactivity to the world by hooking your story system you have written to things like named villagers
Possible: Unknown, right clicking villagers already has issues with name tags so additional functionality could be problematic. Naming eggs without issue though, so itd be mainly event handling issues on grown adults.

Maybe improve the story signs some more. Recommend:
> Allowing flags saved about the player. Ie Psiber_Story_Flag = 23
> Allow logical checks based on that flag. Ie if Psiber_Story_Flag = 23 go to story XMVGs else go to story YEHDG
That way somebody can check if things have been completed / achieved and respond accordingly. Also allows for choices to be made without both endings staying open. Eliminates the need for the ??? check engine existing currently as you can check flags to track progression.
> Ability to hook shop listings to signs so you could say right click a sign to buy 1 item of shopid X
Possible: Definitely, can elaborate further on the (fairly simple) mechanics behind it if people want me to. Have written a system like this for an MMORPG maker available from http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com

Encourage people to play more by incentivizing played time:
http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/timeismoney
Default settings look too generous.

Implement personalised join messages (possible?)
Ie Psiber, consumer of spleens has joined Uncovery
Possibility: Would have to investigate, I imagine herochat likely has such functionality.

Implement personalised leaving messages (possible?)
Ie Psiber leaves for Greener Pastures (left)
Possibility: Would have to investigate, I imagine herochat likely has such functionality.

Given how much uncovery has improved the server based around the websend mod and php scripting, it opens a lot of scope for custom /commands that could do very cool things.

Anyone else got any ideas? Doesn't hurt to have a list of possibilities

First question: What is modlink?
Then: Thanks for the proposals. I will add more ideas in another post.

- Creative Kingdom: Can be done. I would make a small one though, the flatlands is already very underused.
- travel via portals: possible. Sounds ok, not so magic though.
- travel via dragon: nah.
- colors to signs: . Not a real feature in my opinion. Just another plugin with no real value
- Player owned worlds: no way - ever. Way too much lag. Much too much to backup. Even less chance to find mega-farms and lag sources. Also I do not see the benefit. People will be even further away from each other. Also only a fraction of people use their lots properly. The kingdom is half empty.
- Story system expansion: Very possible, quite fast to do. I am not sure how many people are actually using it. will have to consolidate the logs.
- Incentivize playing time: If people do not want to play because it's interesting, they will just stick around AFK. We better to something to make the game more interesting.
- personalized messages: Possible, same comment as sign colors though. Herochat cannot do that.
- Custom commands: Very possible. Lots can be done, see contest system with the aether or story system, or the proposal for banking.

Ok so proposals from my side:

- some form of stock market. I have seen a plugin that works on logblock. Mined blocks create a value. We could make a market system that has automated prices and buy/sell quantities. Prices and quantities are calculated out of the mined blocks. For example, every block costs 1 Mio in the beginning. 1000 blocks are available. With every block mined, prices go down. Once the prices are attractive, people will buy. Once all 1000 blocks are gone, prices go back to 1Mio

- Lot of the week contest. We make people apply for lot of the week, and some sort of lottery to see who wins. The winner can determine a spawn point on his lot where all people have their new spawn or a warp point.

- PVP, there is already that proposal for the plugin. We can also enable PVP in the darklands, not 100% sure about this however.

Could it be possible to do darklands PVP on the weekends and back to normal during the week? Or vise versa.

Could it be possible to do darklands PVP on the weekends and back to normal during the week? Or vise versa.

Theoretically yes. We can make a safe-zone around spawn and then change the permissions on schedule, together with an announcement when you enter the PVP-area. Bloody Sundays?

Hell yeah to bloody sundays.

Flatlands is underutilised because until you achieve higher rankings you must make a survival vs flatlands choice since they draw from same pool of lots. Not many want to forego the economy + benefits of survival lots for creative freebuild.

Mod link was referring to the links in threads, aka the link to the mod.

dragon travel was not serious, just more like "ideas outside the box"

The story system is underutilised because right now it is very linear, minimal choices really available.

If we come up with enough things to do like the PVP Sundays, we can have different days doing different stuff. Proposals:

- disguise Mondays (you HAVE to be disguised or are being randomly automatically disguised) or something like that.
- Lottery Tuesdays (Every hour, a random user is picked for a winning. If the user accepts, he can either get something or lose something (account swiped, diamonds etc)
- Heads Wednesdays (mobs drop heads)
- ? Thursdays
- ? Fridays
- ? Saturdays
- Bloody Sundays

Spontaneous Thursdays, random chance to be warped to a random players position :D

Sunday: Bloody Gore Sunday

Monday: Tools don't take wear.

Tuesday: Super Speed Flatlands. Ability to change fly speed. Maybe speed2 in survival worlds.

Wednesday: mob drops in darklands (too many mob farms in empire and kingdom)

Thursday: Unc's lotto Thursday

Friday: Ban random players that rhyme with haiyamondo and hats/helmet plugin

Saturday: Unc flies out all the elders for brunch. But you didn't read that! Secrets.

Additional brainstorm:
-Maybe a new, more advanced disguise plugin. Since the current one is broken anyway.

-Punishment from mods /slap /strike

I like-

-Bloody Sundays

-Manic Mondays (Darklands mining speed doubled like the beacon power)

-Uncs Lottery Tuesdays

-Wacky Wednesdays (the disguise thing unc came up with)

-Thunder Thursdays (if its possible, have storms more often and increase chance of lightning striking a player)

-Casual Fridays (everything normal)

-Sleepy Saturdays (have it say night in all worlds all day)

I think something like this where you get a few days of cool stuff, but not everyday gives people big advantages, is good.

If I get slapped for no reason and it does damage. I'l be mad. Bloody Sundays and mob heads sounds good.

Or maybe Friday Head Day

I would like:

-Speedy Mondays (Mining speed in all worlds is doubled (like with beacon power))

-Uncs Lottery Tuesdays (Lot of the week contest)

-Casual Wednesday (everything is normal)

-Thunder Thursdays (higher amount of lighting or more rain/snow). In desert and jungle bioms it also could burn randomly.

-Black Fridays (a random number of users will loose 50% of their Uncs and/or items in deposit) and/or items in the market will cost 100% more.

-Twilight Saturdays (Twilight (about 05:30/shortly before mobs begin to burn) in all worlds and all day) with head dropping mobs.

-Bloody Sundays in darklands outside a protected area.

---

Your idea about mined blocks create a value is very nice!

I still would really like PVP arenas on the lots on Kingdom, but I have said that enough. I don't want to annoy people. Luke suggested a great plugin in the other thread, sounds like it could be amazing. PVP in darklands while still having to worry about the mobs and the new zombie sieges, might kill the fun of PVP. People might want nothing to do with it.

Maybe make Kingdom PVP one day instead? That would be amazing to organize battles in Heaven's Reach, Eagle Bay or Shanmullach. Plus, there would still be periods of daytime where we dont have to worry about mobs. My cities still get mobs at night since I like that aspect. Heck it might lead to more building in Kingdom so there would be more places to fight. Build 6 days, making cool structures and defensive features, and battle it out on Sundays (or whenever).

A different theme everyday might get confusing. But I do really like the idea of mob heads dropping. Maybe one day a week in DL there could be a 10% or less chance of mobs dropping heads if that is possible? Then there could be hunting parties there. It would be fun to join up and hunt the mobs together.

I really like the PVP concepts, I hate reposting a thing over again, so I thought I would link to my post, as it is an idea. http://uncovery.me/forums/topic/battlearena/#post-11004

Also I am all for a creative world like kingdom. <<<<<<< My personal favorite idea.

Ok, so let me take a shot at bloody Sundays. If we get it to work, then we can make easily (almost) anything else on the same system.

I am a bit reluctant to install additional plugins for this, for example the weather change would need them, if we use them only one day a week. If I can tweak things with default means or permissions, then it would be much better.

Some comments to the proposals above:

- It's impossible to do things depending on the time of the world you are in.
- I will most likely install that PVP plugin, the scheduler was much easier for now, so that happened first.
- I am not clear if people want larger flatlands (kingdom-sized flatlands?) or a "normal" landscape like the actual kingdom but in creative mode.
- One option would be to sell lots in the flatlands. People could easily buy 4 adjacent lots, there are so many free. This would not need again another world (with tons of settings, maps, lots etc etc)
- mining speed would require another plugin AFAIK, and as I mentioned above, I would not like to install another plugin just for 1/7 day use.
- head drops are possible. I will have to write the code to change the config since it's not possible with commands to change that. It's impossible to do this by world though, so it would have to be either PVP only or mobs at very low percentages.
- weather changes during the day or frequency are not possible since it also would require another plugin. Anyhow too many people think the rain is annoying or can switch it off.
- The current disguise plugin is not broken, it was disabled after the upgrade. I re-enabled it 1 or 2 days ago. Please check again now if it works. If it does not, please submit a ticket.
- It's MUCH more complicated to install the lottery and anything else that happens randomly during the day. Please have patience that this will not happen too soon. It's much easier to make one single setting to change a game rule once.

So what is easy to do (examples):
- Enable more disguises on certain days
- change hunger, autheal, pvp, monster spawn rates, animal spawn rates, switch weather ON/Off, difficulty, world entry fees in any combinations per world
- disable all kinds of mob damages to users or property

- I am not clear if people want larger flatlands (kingdom-sized flatlands?) or a “normal” landscape like the actual kingdom but in creative mode.

^ Normal landscape in my opinion is better.

- head drops are possible. I will have to write the code to change the config since it’s not possible with commands to change that. It’s impossible to do this by world though, so it would have to be either PVP only or mobs at very low percentages.

^ Mob heads my opinion again.

To clarify > for the creative kingdom, normal terrain or aether terrain preferred, building on terain is much more fun / engaging than just building on superflat.

You could even use the same terrain as normal kingdom, and see how the two worlds evolve differently on the same places.

- One option would be to sell lots in the flatlands. People could easily buy 4 adjacent lots, there are so many free. This would not need again another world (with tons of settings, maps, lots etc etc)

Yes, but we still end up with no terrain to build on and the builds don't "flow" into the landscape around them sadly.

- It’s impossible to do things depending on the time of the world you are in.

A damn shame really. Limits a lot of functionality, could daylight sensors + one of the new adventure blocks be hooked to a script? to at least allow for day / night switching?

- head drops are possible. I will have to write the code to change the config since it’s not possible with commands to change that. It’s impossible to do this by world though, so it would have to be either PVP only or mobs at very low percentages.

let's go with pvp only i think, mob farms too easily farm up such items.

- It’s MUCH more complicated to install the lottery and anything else that happens randomly during the day. Please have patience that this will not happen too soon. It’s much easier to make one single setting to change a game rule once.

Can you use an event that happens often such as leaving / joining to randomly produce a result. like 1 in 10 joins has a random effect?

- change hunger, autheal, pvp, monster spawn rates, animal spawn rates, switch weather ON/Off, difficulty, world entry fees in any combinations per world

that sounds like Fat Tuesdays. really fast hunger consumption in darklands :D

Page 1 of 2Next