Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Uncovery is now 10 years old!

2 weeks ago, the Uncovery server turned 10 years old!

That blows my mind. This server has been important to me ever since I joined in 2012 and I think we should do something to celebrate.

Ideas:
-A decade building contest, like the 2 year old contest
-Collab building something in the City

Any other ideas on what we should do? I think double digits is a big deal, so lets make it good!

riedi73, poke0523 and Dj_the_Warrior have reacted to this post.
riedi73poke0523Dj_the_Warrior

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe another birthday contest or party?

riedi73 has reacted to this post.
riedi73

Boy am I getting old.

riedi73

Wow! 10 years is an epoch, in Internet!

Certainly worth a good contest, or an event of similar scale.

riedi73

Congratulations to us and Unc!

An event sounds fun.

Yea, and if we do a building contest, who will be the judges?

Hey guys, while I like the idea of a contest, we need to answer exactly the questions like above:

1. What's the theme? The more specific we are, the easier and fairer judgement will be. Please let me know your ideas.
  2. Who will judge it? The fewer people will judge, the better it is. If we make a 100% democratic vote, we pretty much need to have an online system such as a google form to determine the winner. If it's only me, the workload is big since it then does not make sense that people submit screenshots or something like that.
  3. More details such as build time, size, survival or creative etc. In the past, we did survival and 1 chunk.

Happy Birthday Uncovery family!!

Just my thoughts:

1. Theme: 10 year anniversary theme is traditionally: flower: Daffodil (yellow flower), Symbol: tin and aluminum (iron/light grey concrete blocks), Gemstone: Diamond (easy - diamonds), Colors: Silver and Blue. Build should creatively incorporate these aspects.
  2. Judges: Do we have 10 year or close enough vets? Uncovery, Reidi?, anyone else? Should be a small enough group.
  3. Timeframe: 1 Jan? Size: keep the tradition alive - 1 chunk in survival.

Theme: 10 year anniversary theme is traditionally: flower: Daffodil (yellow flower), Symbol: tin and aluminum (iron/light grey concrete blocks), Gemstone: Diamond (easy - diamonds), Colors: Silver and Blue. Build should creatively incorporate these aspects.

I was rather hoping for a building purpose so that they fit together like in the old contests (town house, etc) than a style guide :D

Ideas: factory / industrial, alien building, space station, tiny castle,  other ideas?

I am a fan of industrial or tiny castles.

Oh and I think if anyone has earned elder than they also deserve to be allowed to vote. Maybe not allowed to vote for their own build. Maybe take a poll of interested elders who have time, and or want to vote.

An Uncovery Theme/Adventure Park possibly might be an idea. Everybody participating the contest might add an attraction (stands, coaster, rides, restaurants, etc) to it, that could be rewarded. The Park's motto would be 10 Years Of Uncovery or something like that and nicely decorated.

Sepengo has reacted to this post.
Sepengo

Just wanted to say congratulations! This server was an important part of my life growing up. Even though I'm not around anymore, the friendships and laughter will always have a place in my heart. May you have another great 10 years Uncovery!

riedi73

Congratulations Uncovery for this incredible milestone. I love this community, it's been there for me through a crazy near 8 years. Here's to 10 more years!

@uncovery, would it be possible to have a contest lot area, maybe in a corner of the kingdom or something like we did with the Aether? I think the biggest issue for us is that it's difficult for one user to give people the proper permissions onto their lots if they're not online at the same time other users, and risk others building outside their designated area. As far as contests go, we could create a forum thread and users could share pictures of their build and description and the ones with the most thumbs up wins?

Also @riedi73 I love the theme park idea!

riedi73