Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGame: Worlds, Areas, BuildingsBulletin board
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bulletin board

I was thinking the other day that a buetin board would be a nice feature.

Unc could put it in spawn as a wall like thing where you can place signs saying "come try HCP's a-mazing-maze lot t_23" or somebodues rollarcoaster or whatever you want.

I know its not the best idea because we have forums and all but i think it would be interesting to see what people put on there.

Just an idea

~~~Hardcprepuding

I think it's a cool idea. Some people didn't know pluto was making a cathedral 100 blocks from spawn until yesterday.

I like that idea too. Would be nice to have a place where you can put bulletins of your latest creations and also maybe a place you could put: "Looking for ______, willing to pay 25 UNC"

:D

..Or put the latest news on it!
I totally support this idea :)

agreed but i thought i saw 1 next to the old mall, made out of gold blocks ??

That was the wall of fame

That's a good idea, but it might be too much information for signs alone. Maybe we could have a website instead. Uncovery could have a blog about recent news. People could comment on it. Maybe we could even have forum for off topic discussions!

Sock I'm not quite sure of the numbers but there are only about 20-30 of us on the website, let alone the forum, that are active posters. Imagine having something like this in-game, where EVERYBODY could see it :)

The board would have to be 50 blocks long and 50 blocks wide to hold all the info people would be posting

Yeah. I agree that this does not make sense. I also think that it would dilute and people would expect to see all kinds of stuff there. I also think that the signboards are very hard to read.

So please use the forum. That is what it is for. You can subscribe to the RSS feeds and do not need to go back to the spawn and try to decipher tiny text on the 3rd row of the signboard.

On top of this, I have been looking around on a couple of other servers. I have seen some of them have a signboard. In genereal, they are used for this kind of text:

wr232isfdnf
sflkwrerwer
adsfsdfsfd

I am sure that this kind of info is a bit above the language skills of the average user on this server. Since I do not want to frustrate anyone, I rather stick to normal posts here.

how about a board for all the rules (or basic rules) then have a link to the website rule page for more rules :)

Just my 3cents

Oi_NE0N said: how about a board for all the rules (or basic rules) then have a link to the website rule page for more rules :) Just my 3cents

Nope. No. Never. Why?

- I want people to read the stuff BEFORE they become members here. That is why there are the questionnaires.
- I do not want to have to maintain the same stuff on 2 places
- the signs in-game a are pain in the @$$ to write and edit and read
- If people see 10% of the rules in game, they will not think that there is more stuff on the website.
- I keep everything in one place, people know where to go and there is no doubt or questions for anyone.

Guys please think how YOU would do stuff and maintain it for the next 6-18 months before you propose stuff I should do.

ok sorry for posting that

=O Unc cursed!

lol