Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

tired of not having any sand?

I found a good map generator that makes a huge desert with volcanoes pyramids and oasiss (or oasi). You would have to backdate you minecraft to 1.3 but you will get enough sand to fill the server many times. The generator is called Primordial desert and can be found on the forums. (yes i know this is in the wrong section but on my phone is wont select the different sections)

You do realise that there's billions upon billions of sandblocks in the darklands, right?

I do not really understand. You suggest to use this here? Or for single player?

I think it would be cool in the server to have a desert land with hidden goodies. But its not updated to 1.4 yet so its really only single player friendly right now since the server updated to 1.4

Thats the reason he made the darklands....

I thought the darklands was going to be like the main world but in constant twilight and the sand would be gone in a few weeks like the one that used to be in the Public area.

Its one big public area theres plenty of sand i pulled an inv out in 10 min today and there was still more.

And theres day and night.

I suggest working in day just to be safe

Oh well but i still suggest using it atleast once on ssp. Or you can watch the yogscast plane mod spotlight to see the generator at work even though they never when into the pyramid.

Mabye another new hardcore server? use this generator to make it hard for everyone who play on it. Apprently theres only like 5-6 trees in the map but this is hard to find. So you will have to work together to find the wood but then you will need to replant them.

I so would do this with others if u make a new server and use this generator :)

If you guys have not read up on the darklands please do so.

The darklands was created so everyone will have unlimtied supplies and unc can reset eventually. You can only use glowstone as light, so i suggest Kining at day.

There are many more features to this, that you probaly should read up on

- I will not install another server, map or similar
- The darklands are there for everyone to get supplies with a challenge.
- If I wanted stuff to just be available as easy as possible, I would give everyone the /i or /give commands.
- I will most likely never regenerate the darklands. If stuff is gone, you will simply have to travel further to get it. That's why its unlimited size.

uncovery said:
- I will not install another server, map or similar
- The darklands are there for everyone to get supplies with a challenge.
- If I wanted stuff to just be available as easy as possible, I would give everyone the /i or /give commands.
- I will most likely never regenerate the darklands. If stuff is gone, you will simply have to travel further to get it. That's why its unlimited size.

Makes sense if people try to rush all the resources in the first few days they others will have to travel even farer, eventually there gonna get to like 10000 blocks from the start of the darklands. Then its like a 3 day travel to get there.

hardcorepuding said:

oh i didnt know about the unlimited size and i have no problem traveling to get supplies

Oi_NE0N said: Makes sense if people try to rush all the resources in the first few days they others will have to travel even farer, eventually there gonna get to like 10000 blocks from the start of the darklands. Then its like a 3 day travel to get there.

If stuff gets to be too far away we can deal with that in a separate way. We can build a train network, warp gates, whatever. But let's talk about that when it happens.

kk