Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGame: Worlds, Areas, BuildingsDarklands TNT
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Darklands TNT

Unc, will you make it so TNT blows up blocks in the darklands?

I would second this change!

Tell me a way to disable TNT cannons and other means to destroy land on other people's lots and I will. Even in the empire.

Creepers destroy blocks in the darklands. And you can lure them into any lot.

I'm sure there is a mod or sorts or a way to disable placing TNT blocks next to each other, which is required to build a TNT cannon to my best knowledge. Or even placing TNT in water for that matter.

After looking, I have not found a Bukkit plugin that matches what I said. However: I did find this. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-admn-tntminer-v0-1-1-stop-tnt-from-being-placed-above-a-certain-level-permissions-1000.26631/

This is a plugin that makes it so you cannot place TNT above a certain level. You can make it by default something below 60, as 62 is considered sea level. That could be an alternative that minimizes griefing possibilities significantly.

Just an idea...

@ sockso: Just because there is a small issue, we do not need to make it worse.

@ Henmeister: I can restrict already now placing TNT to certain people. As we all know however from spawner Eggs and other things, the server is not fast enough to catch people with gaming-mouses that make 50 clicks a second. If I allow TNT to explode, then nothing can prevent that once it is ignited. Same issue with the eggs. I can prohibit you throwing an egg, but the mob will still spawn if you slip that through the lag. Otherwise I have to insta-ban people on placing TNT, which I think is a bit harsh.

I do not see the real added value of using TNT for a handful of people of higher rank if it gives me a headache, griefer opportunity and additional stuff to monitor in return.

If you can give me a fool-proof, tested and proven way to limit TNT damage to your lot I will do it. Otherwise sorry I see other stuff more important.

Oh! I thought that was intentional :-) I was just looking for a fun way to mine sand.

Understandable, there are more important things at hand. It would just help immensely with mining, but I will continue looking for a fool-proof way to implement TNT.