Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mushroom Land in the darklands

is there a way for it not to get deleted or can you plz unc, make a world like the darklands minus deltion

No.

i agree, no

The town bank ran out of money, and the lots were automatically reset? That's very very sad. :-( We would have been better off not even forming a town.

I'd give up one of my sky lands lots as a communal building area, but there's no monsters there, so it would be kind of boring.

It's come up a couple times that we should bring Kingdom back for this reason. I, of course, am 100% behind the idea, but it's come up in the past that it may not be justified since we have Darklands and Empire. It seems from the way people are trying to use (or misuse) Darklands that there is at least some interest along these lines.

Things to consider:

1) Darklands gets reset. Kingdom should not get reset, even if a town runs out of money. But what about when new terrain comes out? Handling that situation is a mess, currently, with no good solution in sight. We'd basically have to be resigned to have the one map forever, unless someone has another workable idea.
2) Darklands exists for resources. How do we make sure that people don't just use Kingdom as another easy resource lot? Is this a concern?
3) Kingdom was dominated by a couple of mega-projects and languished when those projects kinda died out. How do we keep the world interesting enough to justify even having it in the first place?

Basically, is there enough interest in this kind of world that is not satisfied by the existing Empire and Darklands, and what is the distinction?

I still think the easiest solution is to make large 3x3 lots in the empire and allow elders and masters to manage them. I'm a non-profit Sock, and don't really have the resources to pay consistent taxes.

Well, that's certainly the cheapest solution for you, but I don't know that it's the easiest. I don't know if Unc's lot code will play nice with a special 3x3 area like that. And then we also have to decide how to manage the area amongst ourselves.

The nice thing about Towny is that everyone can do what they like. I don't really want to debate with you about whether a mushroom town is worthwhile (because I would probably lose), you should be able to just go and do it. :)

Yeah, whatever the solution is, I think we need an easy and fun way for people to come together and build together.

You can already add people to your empire/skylands lots if you wanted something permanent. I personally like the idea that Darklands will be reset eventually. There are already several permanent worlds. You're also free to make a town in the nether. Just by being a settler you have 2 options right off the bat, and if you stick around a while you get a 3rd.

Also isn't the tax from towny just 10 uncs per day? If you love your town enough you could easily come up with that! :)

Rev, yeah for sure we don't want to change Darklands, it's good the way it is. This would be an additional world or area.
It's not really about just having more space. That's kind of what Kingdom was used for and it was not the right idea.

A permanent towny world would allow 1) more flexibility for collaboration with other users on a large scale (bigger than a single lot), 2) an incentive to spend money, 3) the opportunity to build in a permanent world with natural surroundings that isn't parceled out into a giant grid and that 4) will not be reset. Towny worlds are more exciting and organic than WorldGuard grids.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if we could make this Towny world resource-poor to encourage building rather than using it for resources, that could help focus the purpose.

But yeah, maybe it's not really a good idea right now, I dunno. I just wanted to be clear about my reasons for supporting the idea in the first place.

Ahh ok. The only way I could ever see it not becoming just another resource area is if it didn't have any resources , somewhat like flat land, but without being at slime-level, or even making sure it doesn't have anything valuable in it (replace all diamond/iron/gold/etc. with stone). Still interesting. Maybe a world where users can combine their money and buy a plot? Or buy an abandoned plot in an existing world? I'm just throwing out ideas. Are there plugins that would let you "freeze" a towny plot in such a way that a reset wouldn't overwrite it? I'm assuming that's highly unlikely, but again just throwing ideas out there.

If people feel like gathering resources somewhere, I say let them. :-) The towny plots aren't that big anyways.

Btw sockso you have 10k Uncs in your account. You all vote and get 400 uncs every day. Thats 40 towny lots. I do not see how paying for towny tax is an issue

So I'm guessing that's a no go

roger roger

Yay we got a world to build and chill on :)