Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I got to say.....

I have to say.. I'm a little surprised you guys haven't updated to 1.5 yet. It works and just fine as long as your using bukkit 714 or newer.. just make sure to turn off lightning fire using world guard 5 Beta 10 or you will loose everything you built. Just thought I would give you all a heads up on that. Lightning has made soo many people upset on all the servers I have seen lately. I been telling them about 'worldguard' and 'mother nature' which allows you to have control over the weather aspect. Personally, I think notch did it to tick people off since he put NO options in the server to shut it off.. lol

either way.. 1.5 does work just fine if you get all the right mods for it. Things are back to normal on my server.. shouldn't be too long for this one to be back up either.

Oh and I just read that uncov is MIA.. still on vacation ? anyhow.. hope to see you guys back in shape soon.. ttyl

Jack

Jack, Uncovery is currently on holiday, and is trying to enjoy his time away. He does very little server maintenance, unless it is absolutely necessary. I hope you can understand.

Albertpuding said:
Jack, Uncovery is currently on holiday, and is trying to enjoy his time away. He does very little server maintenance, unless it is absolutely necessary. I hope you can understand.

Well said.

You might have not realized this, but the old maps are still up and running for 1.4 clients. It's finally not that this update to 1.5 gave such magical addons that there would be a HUGE rush to upgrade.

When it comes to security and stability I am not making any experiments. There are still many bugs that crash the client and/or server when longer text is entered than allowed, exploits are possible etc. I do not want to upgrade unless I know that all relevant plugins are working 100%. The issue with the fire comes on top of that. We have huge constructions out of wood and I do not want to experiment with that either.

Given the fact that I am on a lonely island with a shitty internet connection somewhere in Indonesia spending most of my day under water, I have no time for proper testing.

Added to this is the fact that some of our users LOVE the temp maps. The temp maps bring in some alternative game mode for a week and users who do not want this simply do not have to upgrade.

This is what I read:

uncovery said:
Blah, blah... not that ... 1.5 ... magical blah.

Uncovery is awesome. No Blahs about it.

Reason Uncovery is awesome (aka I'm jealous): Given the fact that I am on a lonely island with a shitty internet connection somewhere in Indonesia spending most of my day under water, I have no time for proper testing.

More blahs... Uncovery rocks.

And I concur with this message!

*-cough-* suck up *- cough-*

Good point tho hahaha. I wish I could go on a awesome trip.

Hahahahaha :)