Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeRuining a good server
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ruining a good server

I've noticed a trend recently of players that have been here longer not logging in as much. I'm not sure if the new users are ruining for them, but they're certainly starting to ruin this place for me. Seems to happen more often when no elders or masters are on, but since no elders or masters are on as much it's just a vicious cycle.

Ruining a good server.

lol frankly i like getting on and seeing a dozen settlers going bout business. ~ beats getting on and seeing no settlers. Its a normal sign of the server becoming healthily popular, and you get the good and bad that comes of it.

I've been asking/wondering the same thing. There needs to be some limitations or something. It's sad to see more of our "older/mature" players leaving/ disapearing.

The language used - and the disrespectful tone - are not the kinds of things that we appreciate on this server. If reported through the proper protocols, I'm sure the situation will be rectified by our benevolent overlord.

Guys, enkl said it. just report the stuff and I will ban the people.

I personally cannot see people are leaving. There are many old users on - all the time that I can see at least. I do not see the need for a disgruntled "these damn kids should get off my lawn, this country is going down the drain" post. Just tell them as you did that it will have consequences, send me the screenshot per mail or post them here, and I will ban them.

The faster you do that, the sooner I will ban them.

Thanks Unc. I put this in "off-topic" because I just wanted to vent.

I'll be quite honest here: I just really want all of this mob limitations, etc, sorted out. One of the several things I love about MC is mobs. I lost all of my mob farms with the addition of that plugin, and since have been waiting for everything to sort itself out until then. I put much work into all of them, and the last thing I would want is to make them all mighty and working once more, only for them to... disappear again.

Can Unco confirm that the plugin won't make a return? D:

Hemeister: I want to sort it out too. The pluing is installed since months already btw. The mobs limit is just a setting among a dozen that helped the server already a lot. So, no, I cannot confirm, the plugin will stay.

And I will continue to try to find ways to keep the server running without lag in a changing environment, and that will cause damage some times. Sometimes large enough to do a rollback, and sometimes I will continue without since I have to see for some time how actions affect people. Returning to 5 days before and rollback builds just because we realized only after some days that the mob changes are too drastic is something we have to live with.

You will have to decide if you can live with such issues also - or not.

Live with it I shall and will :D

Well said, pluto.

C'est la interwebs. Let's just keep up the diligence and we'll keep our community rolling as it had been. The influx will hopefully keep, and those who are not welcome will find their way out. Let's just keep it smooth. We do what we can.

As for upgrades / downgrades / rollbacks / mods / plugins / coding / balancing... Well... I don't know how Unc keeps it all running so smooth sometimes. Considering the mish-mash of plugins out there, and the ones we've chosen to work with, and their ever-changing development paths or cycles from so many different sources... phew. Again, thanks Unc.

@Hen... I agree. One of my favorite aspects of this game are the mobs. Mobs, spawning, spawners, traps, pathing, controlling, sorting, predicting, and of course, slaughtering. I, too, have been devastated a few times from unseen sources. Fortunately, one of my mooshrooms survived this last time. Not my 6 cows or 25-30-ish sheep or 6 pigs, though. Nor my squid. ;-)