Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeX-ray in Vanilla
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

X-ray in Vanilla

I've came to report about that X-ray hacker on the used-to-be vanilla.  Before the post i went to check on my "secret"  chests in hiding places over the map. When I arrived to it to see my endstone and mossy/cracked  stone bricks. They were missing! So, seeing that i forget things time to time, i checked all of my other chests to see nothing there. By this time, the post about updating was out. I now what im going to ask is risky and somewhat greedy, but i know you can replace things seeing you have creative. So, may you let me have 3 stack of mossy, cracked and endstone. I can show you my chest and I believe you can a plugin to see things that get destroyed and placed to prove that they were my chests. You can check the files that i did mine tons of these blocks so im just asking you, please don't take this in a wrong way.   Thanks for you reading this, Pattypus.

ummmm.... it doesnt work like that. we cant prove what items you lost.

Thats what i was afraid of. D:

But still, how can't you?

To my understanding, there is a plugin installed that lets Uncovery see ores destroyed, and if he sees people mining in straight lines directly to said ores, then he can investigate further and then determine if it is luck or x-ray.

I have personally lost lots of stuff from various incidents, such as a full diamond tool/armor inventory when there was a rollback, and other incidents. It sucks, but life goes on. Unless you have say video evidence of you showing it was there, then logging back in later to see it destroyed for example, then you might have a case, but even then it is in Uncovery's hands.

Nah, Hen, not even then.

From the FAQ:

I lost something during a crash/death/theft/whatever, can you give it back to me?
No. I cannot. I cannot verify what you had before and I don’t hand out stuff. If you had bad luck, that’s what you will have to live with. If someone tricked you, same. Same goes when I personally kill you as a reminder when you violate a rule or ignore a FAQ.

"I cannot verify what you had before..."

If it was verifiable somehow someway, possibly?

There is no case here for Pattypus, but if Patty had undeniable evidence (in whatever form, picture, video) that it his chests were griefed, by who, and what was in it, would Unco consider? Now I'm curious!

I'm not Unc, but I'd be pretty surprised if he even considered it. I've never known Unc to spawn items for players for any reason at all, other than as contest prizes. But you've been here longer than me, maybe you know something I don't?

If there is let's say a bug in the shop, where the logfile of the shop shows what you bought, and I can see from the bug that you actually never got it, I will refund you. Since I have proof. Exact proof of what, how much, when and why you lost something.

Someone claiming that they lost something from any event that I cannot verify (theft vs an entry logfile) and a non-reproducible event (someone did something vs a bug in the shop) you will not get your stuff back.

If I even start this with one block of dirt, I will have tons of users coming whining that I should replace their stuff because they fell into lava. Next they will claim that they lost stuff that they actually never had. So, unless I can prove FOR MYSELF that you actually lost something, you will NEVER see a refund or a handout from me.