Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Something that crushes me

I have a little thing that crushes my soul. People calling me annoying.

When people call my annoying, it snaps my spine in half and eats it for dinner. I'm called annoying all the time, and I wanted to let you all reading this know that calling my annoying makes me leave for quite a while and I feel like I shouldn't be alive. I work hard every day and my day is really awesome, then someone just comes in and calls me annoying. I feel smashed and shattered, and it gives me bad headaches, and I hate that feeling. I feel down the entire week, and I get a bob in my throat. I feel I shouldn't talk at all, and I feel unnoticed and ignored. What's ironic is that is annoys me. I just want to let you guys know that I'm very sensitive to that word. I can take any insults, but the thing that bubbles down to my core is someone calling me annoying. I literally start crying because of this. It's a very upsetting feeling, and please, please don't make me feel this way. This may seem very depressing, and it is. I like to blot out the world when this happens, like spacing out. It gets down to my very nerves and I just feel like killing somebody when someone calls me annoying.

I hope you understand my feelings.

With your highest regard,

Pilotrange

Pilotrange, sorry you feel that way. But guess what: If I hit people over the head, and they call me violent, and I might hate it as much as you do being called 'annoying'. But it does not change what I did or what people felt about it. So instead asking people to not call me 'violent', maybe i should start looking at my own action specially when I am called "violent" ALL THE TIME.

I also would not say "I feel like killing somebody" when asking people to change something, because that sounds like a death threat. Together with you admitting to impersonate people on IRC, I guess I just ban you next time. Instead of asking you politely, in private chat, "not to be annyoing".

It is your choice if you want to do something so people do not call you what you hate. The more people call you the same word, the more you have to assume it is not only your fault, but also the more you need to change something about what you do instead of trying to change your environment.

When I said "I feel like killing somebody" I mean I'm really frustrated and sad. I didn't intentionally mean that I would kill somebody. Thanks for the advice.

Just to add to what Uncovery said, I have empathy for you.  I think you realize nobody is trying to "crush your soul" or anything when they call you annoying, and that's why you felt the need to post this: You hope that people who are not trying to be emotionally abusive will avoid that word if they know if affects you in this way.

However, in addition to what Uncovery said about changing what you do so that people won't call you annoying, it seems to me that you have some significant head-brain things going on that make you react that way to that word.  I don't know what it could be, but that is the root of the problem, for you.  Even if you never change your behavior, if you can find the reasons why that word upsets you, and then do something about that, you will be far better off and better able to cope with life.

You shouldn't let one word control your entire emotional well-being, it's unhealthy.  I don't expect that's something that you can easily change, but I strongly urge you to try, difficult as that may be.  Really, it's the only way forward for you.

I will never call anybody annoying. People say to treat others the same way you would treat yourself. I certaintly wouldnt like it if someone called me annoying.

This is a very old post and you do not know the circumstances nor the context of the phrase.

We will start living in a very fake world if people do not have opinions about other people's behavior anymore just because they try to be nice 100% of the time.

And we all have room to improve ourselves. If we are always only told how great we are, we will never improve but rather get worse.

There is a big difference between an insult ("fag!") and telling someone how their actions are perceived. On top of that, we do not shove such messages on someone's face the moment they join but much rather after we know very well that we know what we are talking about.