Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeWell Chuffed XD
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Well Chuffed XD

After a rollercoaster day, I spent the last 4 hours of my day completely redesigning my proposal for an art gallery in Barcelona (unfortunately only a theory project). As some of you may know, my architecture is not restricted to just minecraft as I'm studying it at uni. Fueled by Irn Bru and chocolate mini eggs, this is what I created. Let me know what you think :D

aleria de Medinaceli

Critique is more than welcome as it can positively influence my coursework!

[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/040/1/8/draft_skp__new_design__for_galeria_de_medinaceli_by_rdstewart-d75rbbo.jpg[/img]

Lol, thanks tbrewda, html code has never been my strong point

That is fine. :)

I really like your design.

Irn Bru does good things.

I like it. Is the open roof just to see in, or is it meant to be actually open in design?

The design isn't finished yet. There will be a rooftop garden.

Interesting design. I like the use of curves (bonus) to break away from structured, close-minded thinking. There does seem to be a lack of vertical wall-space for artwork to be displayed.

What appears to be some type of mezzanine would allow for a different vantage point (bonus) on some of the stuff displayed below. There appear to be plenty of areas open for sculptures and free-standing art pieces (bonus). The vertical surfaces seem to have a variety of heights (bonus) to allow display of large and small pieces.

What sort of artwork would be displayed? What sort of structures might be present to hold static pieces vertically in open areas?

There is a larger gallery on the ground floor for changeable exhibitions. The wall height is 4 metres (the older design had 6m walls which was criticised by my design tutor). The gallery upstairs is designed only to exhibit 4 paintings permanently with an addition two other sculptures placed in airier parts of the building.

Almost half of the building's floor space has been allowed for an artist's studio, storage for the whole building as well as services including toilets.

This isn't a large gallery, the client in the theoretical brief has specifically asked for a small gallery with maximally used space for a limited amount of artwork.