Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeI'm Back!!!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I'm Back!!!

Hi everyone, I've been gone for a while as I've been very busy with uni work. I'm back now and probably on much more than I have been recently so any projects I've started with people I can get on with again.

Here's a pic for anyone curious about my absense:
Galeria de Medinaceli - Full Presentation

<sub>This is my proposal and response to a brief that calls for an art gallery with two main exhibition spaces, studio, café, and outdoor sculpture garden.

Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's Guggenheim museum in New York, this building consists of an insitu concrete floor shaped as an expanding helix to allow lighting of the whole building with a central skylight. The structure is supported by load-bearing blockwork walls and it's substructure is formed of reinforced strip foundations. Although piling was originally going to be used for the foundations, it was decided that they would be expensive to install as the ground geology is very rocky and the building would not be overly susceptible to sinking.

The landscaping in a way pays homage to Robert Smithson, the landscape photographer/artist that is most famous for his spiraling landscape art.

Post-crit changes will include extending the height of the skylight for better control of solar shading. Also, a revisit of the openings to the balcony, entrance and skylight to introduce passive stack ventilation which was originally ruled out as a viable option giving the buildings unconventional form.</sub>

Welcome back RDS! Congrats on the building, it looks great. It will be nice to see you back. :)

Man, that looks wonderful.

Welcome back. Now build it in game.

oooh, thats gorgeous rds!! wb to the chaos ;)

@jonno ....XDDD
LETS DO IT.