There are several in-game chat channels. Here are the commands to use them:
- /ch help (displays help)
- /ch <channel> set active channel. Whatever you say will be in that channel.
- /ch list List all people in the active Channel
- /join <channel> Join a channel. You will read whatever is in that channel
- /leave <channel> Leave a channel. You will not see anymore whats in the channel
- /<channel> <msg> Send a message to a channel that is not your active channel
- /ignore <player> Ignore a player (Duh!)
- /ignore Shows all your ignored players
You can use the first letter of each channel as a nickname. So you can replace every <channel> in the above list with the first letter of the channels available.
- General (‘g’): The channel for everything & everyone, color: White
- HelpMe (‘h’): If you need help using the server; color: Purple
- Trade (‘t’): If you are looking/offering blocks/items; color: Green
- Local (‘l’): Can be read only by people less than 100 blocks away; color: Light Blue
- VIP (‘v’): Can be joined/read only by VIPs; color: Yellow
- Off Topic (‘o’): For all non-minecraft chat; color: Rose
Interesting. Maybe some of this would fit in the In-Game commands help section.
I have been working to include non-homemade plugins into the in-game help. It’s work in progress, I was distracted by other projects that are more important. But it will come.