I wanted to give some info how the upgrade will most likely happen.
- I will be on a business trip from Sunday night to Thursday night. That means that I will not have too much time doing things.
- On Monday, 1.8 comes out hopefully. The plugins for protection will most likely not work yet. I will therefore install only a vanilla server (like the current pre-release one) with a temporary map which will later be deleted.
- I will try to find a map seed that does not have 80% ocean in the area where we want to build. I might be giving creative mode to some people so they can fly and explore the map faster.
- Once the protection plugins work. I will move the old maps over to a running 1.8 server. If you want to play on the old maps, you should not upgrade your client before that happens. At that moment I will also remove the temporary map & server.
- I will then prepare the new maps that will replace the normal world and the kingdom, the lots on them etc. and make sure all is working properly. Then you will be able to reserve a lot in the new world. To transfer your stuff you can move it either to another lot that you own or also use the shop to do so. Put your stuff for sale at a very high price and take it back out afterwards again. Please note that this is only a temporary permission to do so.
- The other plugins that we are currently using will be installed as they are updated. There is a certain risk that stuff like minecarts will not work immediately.
- The current ‘world’ will be kept as a showcase and a home for the city, as spawn etc. The new world will be where the lots are. If I ever get super-bored I might start a new world for the city and move it over. Skylands will remain as it is. The kingdom will be regenerated and I will be moving stuff over to the new map.
I have no idea how long it will take to accomplish all of this. I hope it will take only 1-2 days. Depending how long the plugins will take to update and how much time I actually have to work on this, it might take a bit longer though. Please be patient.