Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1.8 features

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi,

In 1.8 Sponges and Slimeblocks get a new purpose. Both have benefits although also some... unfortunate sideeffects.

With the new slimeblockmechanics, you are now able to build selfpropelling flying machines with very little ressources. In the wrong hands (this sounds more dangerous than I thought) this could result in many uncontrolled flying machines on other peoples property or in the air in general.

However, they also grant other uses in regular redstone devices and they are fun to play with.

The same goes for sponges. They could be used to drain adjecting properties which could lead to gaping holes in the watery landscape.

Another however however. Sponges greatly decrease the effort used in draining docks for example, which again, is a useful feature to build boats, underwater temples and such.

A solution to this could be prohibiting certain ranks from using/placing those blocks. Another option is, disabling those functions entierly and stick to the old methods for draining and stuff. Also, new watertemples will be spawned containing most precious sponges and mobs which drop means to craft nice decorative blocks. Will this mean a new darklands? Will the sponges and decoratice blocks be "buy only"?

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

Greetings,
JoBilly

if the blocks will be generating in the wild, we will make a new darklands.
if we cannot prevent those flying systems from becoming a problem, we will have to limit them - somehow.

Sir, one of those blocks being generated would be the new seastone ' Prismarine ' they call it.

Yeah. Let's see if that's big enough to warrant a darklands reset.

Hold up let me get you a link to the video, un momento.

Wow. Those look awesome. Plus...............fish!

Minecraft 1.8 added a new feature called retro-gen, allowing structures (including the new Ocean Monuments) to spawn in already generated chunks. So a Darklands reset is not required.

However, the ocean monuments are rare. The only two sponge sources are the sponge rooms and elder guardians, both non-renewable. New players will have to travel very far to find new monuments in order to get sponges. So we may want to either reset Darklands frequently or sell sponges in the shop.

They are also adding bunnies are different variations. They are breed-able and they drop pelts too. Looting works on getting pelts but not their meat.

Yeah.. I'm surprised PETA hasn't started protesting minecraft.

So this retro gen wont work if there is a user built structure there already right?

Be gruesome to log in and find a temple that just dropped into one of my town builds, and wiped out a ton of work.

I think Uncovery should sell sponge in shop, because me and bdogg99 have been working on a long time on our lots and it requires alot of water removal, and its been over a year working on it. It's such a tedious task that we always put it off and work on something else.

IamJonno, taking consideration we've taken the procaution not to build so much in the darklands, regardless the fact it is needed.

Jonno, I think it overwrites things, unless they fix it later. See this: http://imgur.com/a/a5J4e

AKmeximo, I think Jonno was talking about the Kingdom.

Yeah, I was referring to Kingdom. I have filled in some ocean stuff and have a little bit built in the ocean, but I know that there are others that have done way more than that. Reidi for one has a ton of stuff built in the water.

Hopefully we can turn that off in Kingdom when we update. Thanks for the update Leizh.

If I can avoid it at all, we will not change the kingdom 1 block. We MIGHT do it for the darklands. We might do it for the empty lots in the empire provided that otherwise the land generation does not change (i.e. if the lots stay the same except for those structures)

Sir.. Any chances of vacant kingdom lots reset? :3

Reset to what? To a new style of land in case the generation style changes dramatically?

Yes sir

No, that will not happen - ever. The issue is that we created the kingdom specifically not for the reason to have the latest biomes all the time but rather to have a consistent landscape for large projects and avoid the breaks in the landscape that the empire will always have. That's why I generated the Kingdom several thousand blocks in every direction when we made it so that we can expand outwards without having an issue with new land on the edges looking different.

If you want to have a new biome or landscape, mine for new blocks etc, you will have to go to the darklands or get a new lot in the empire.

Page 1 of 2Next