Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ABBA Caving Idea

Hello all. I've been watching some videos lately , and got an idea for a new "Game". This game is somewhat popular on You tube , and is called ABBA Caving.
In ABBA Caving , you find a large cave system , and a designated amount of players (Generally 2-4) Hunt for valuable ores in said cave , for a designated amount of time (Aprox. 15-20 minutes per session) Each ore is worth a Designated amount of Points: Diamond/Emerald: Highest , Gold: 2nd Highest , Lapis/Redstone: 3rd Highest: Iron Ore: Last , Coal:0 points. The player who has the most points Wins ALL the collected ores of the players. (A winner takes all aspect)
-Since the Darklands is the only place where all users have permission , this is (at the moment) the only area games like this can occur. Since the DL is public , players will have to travel a fair bit to get to "Virgin Territory".
- I suggest a new 'world' , simmilar to Hunger Games , where Users can find a cave , play said game , and at the end of the designated time , leave with All the Ores going to the winner.
I realize this will be difficult to create , but it is worth a shot and would (In my opinion) be extremely fun.

Criticizm is welcomed , so is Praise and Approval :)

I like.

What you could do is set up a nether portal in a random location, 9 times out of 10 I end up in an underground cave system.

Support.

Fair Enough :)

Well you could do it IN the hunger world for that matter.
Once I manage to setup the hunger world again, we can set it up there.

@uncovery Ooh , sounds like a plan. The only problem I have in mind is the search for a large cave system. For a group of people , a larger *ore rich* cave system is needed for the full effect. Walking around and finding a cave wouldn't hurt though :)

how would that not work in the hunger world? We would expand the borders of course.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the hunger world *from my memory* is always newly generated , *obviously for a new Hunger Games*. If there is a different hunger world that idk of , please fill me in XD

Yes, but is that bad?

You would not want to go into the same cave twice after people mined it, right?

Fair Enough. I guess my point was , it would be hard to have a good cave , and close at hand.

-Anywho. If we are going forward with this idea. Will there be the ability to bring items in? The requirements for ABBA caving is a Silk touch pick , torches/night vision potions , and another Non Silk touch pick. The point of the game is to show how much ore you found , not how well fortuned it was , so Silk touch picks are a necessity.
My main question from that was , will the supplies be given , or have to be brought by players?

We talked about this in game a few weeks ago. I think a nether portal that both players walk to together would be the best option. then find a cave system way out in DL, and you both drink night vision potions at the same time and get to it.

Team speak would be a huge plus in this game as well.

If you do it, I am in.