Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

About the Floating Island Contest

In the info it says later that the islands will be lifted up more from the ground. I was wondering if you built an island and put a building on and everything and don't really want to rebuild it but it's too low to another island, could you make, if i showed you, the island higher?

-Thanks, Blue.

I would also like to clarify exactly what the contest entails. I was under the impression that it was for a floating, MAN-MADE city that was made to be in the sky (as i see from the pictures of Bioshock Infinite). However I see a lot of floating landmasses that look like exactly like the aether.

Do we have to build on a floating landmass or can we build a man-made building made to float?

''Any building style is allowed!'' <- i guess that means anything.

Regarding blue_plex question: You have 100 blocks high building space over the lot floor. If you build now 1 block above that floor, the building will NOT BE 1 block above the floor once we copy it to the city, but somewhere higher than that. The height of the building will be chosen as to what fits and how it works out best once we copy the stuff over to the city.

Regarding Kevinpowellaz: Both things are fine. There can be buildings on floating rafts and aether-like floating islands.

Okay, thanks for the help.

:)