Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

An Interesting Comparison

Today I saw somethings that reminded me of the server.

There is a local restaurant in my area that is closing down so they can build a better equipped building. Along with the standard list of fast food, they also serve icecream and house a local farm market within the same building. To warn people about the closing of their store, they would but a slip of paper into people's food bags and did that a month before they were going to close. Today being their last day of business I decided to stop by and got a pleasant surprise when I found out that in order to get rid of their stock , they are giving away free ice cream cones and everything on the menu and in the local farm market was 50% off.

In spite of all this there were still those people who came in and asked "Where's all the meat?! What the hell are you doing and when will you restock?!" Along with ignoring the slip of paper they probably received in their grocery bag, in their haste to blame someone else they also managed to ignore the multiple posters in the store informing everyone about the store's last day stock sale. After being rude to employees, when they did find out why the store was looking so bare, they would ALWAYS immediately leave afterwards or complain that they were not informed. If only they had stayed behind and gotten a free ice cream cone.

So, while I was there watching a good few dozen rudely question the store's lack of food, it reminded me of the people on the server and their relationship with the website. If only they slow down and read the multiple pages of information, I'm sure they would be quick to enjoy themselves more rather than annoying everyone else.

Are you indirectly tagging me in this post?? hahahahah :P

Um, no? I was thinking about all the people who will quickly ask in game "Where's the Empire?" or "I've taken this quiz 20 times now! It must be broken." and both get in a huff when we ignore them or point it out. There aren't even any tags in the original post, or there shouldn't be.

Very good story. Goes hand-in-hand with some aspects of the server. :D

*tags HCP*

Xecaria, I was joking. ;P But it is a good story. Very true