Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Anyone interested in a Darkland Mine?

WHY?

- Yesterday I have discovered a really close pair of blaze spawners in the nether and set a home there before keeping on visiting more fortresses. I really like having a spare home available so I think I'll set a new portal and a new DL mine from this nether spot, which means I'll be quitting my current DL mine. Either I will just go there, retrieve everything including the glowstone and that's it, or someone can give me 2 stacks of glowstone (an estimation of what is deployed) and step in. The enderchest is free, since I couldn't retrieve it if I wanted.

THE MINE

The DL portal is located very deep, at level 20 or something like that, it is completely safe and lighted. From there a ladder goes down to a closed and safe room at levl 11.

The mine is located some 40k blocks away from spawn in the Darklands.

It is located right in the middle of a huge mineshaft, located which goes as deep as lvl 8. I'm still far from visiting the whole of it, my main goal there was to mine ores.

Because of the mineshaft, there are entire zone close to the entrance that I haven't checked yet (I would say between a quarter and a half of the directions).

Surface is mostly ocean, but I have been able to build a climbing shaft to a tiny sand island, which is now mob safe. I have generated a 1024x1024 map of the zone during a short boat trip, during which the ocean remained open in many directions. It looks like a good spot to look for underwater shrines when 1.8 is out, or to look for a mushroom island (which must be cool in the DL, since no mobs spawn there).

Let me know (here below or in game) if you're interested.

I might put some screenshots later.

Mmmm I'm not sure this is appearing properly on the frontpage of the site. Maybe if I post a comment it will help. Sorry if that is spam, I will only do it once ;p

edit: at least it worked ^^

In the end I retrieved the glowstone, so I'm ready to handover the place for free before deleting the nether home.

(I left enough glowstone to keep the landing, the lvl 11 center place and the surface island mob safe)

Most mining was done the south-east of the entrance.

I'm about to drop my home related to this base, so I'll just left the coordinates of the nether portal and leave a couple of pics.

x:-2337
y:108
z:2383

(tip: lvl 108 is above any cave's ceiling, which makes the trip easy if you can afford to spend a couple of picks on it. Watch out for the occasionnal single lava source though, remember that lava flows faster in the nether than on mainland).

Anyone interested in tping there pm me fast or leave a message here.

Darkland Base