Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BattleArena

I think BattleArena would be a great addition to the server, it would enable the addition of Spleef, Capture the Flag and Paintball, and any other custom games you can come up with. It could be a new way to win/risk some money. It does require the Vault plugin, but I am guessing you already have it.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/battlearena/

Not many do hunger games at the moment,it was played regulary the first week it came back. Wonder how long people would play these until they got bored.

I am not sure, one big plus about this one though is it does not take forever to generate a whole new world, it only regenerates a region if need be, and can be played more rapidly, it's fun to play from 2-????? people. Also, there can be contests to design new field layouts for ctf and paintball. There is functions for tournaments, duels, and such, so it can be whatever you make of it. The objectives can be easily changed as well, to keep it fresh.

I really like this idea. We can have some more action on the server :D

I think this is a great idea, although with the limited number of people on at one time (usually about 8-10), I can't imagine how much this feature would actually be used.

No no no. There are better ways to do this than that plug in. Like ones that allow Unc to designate small windows to be PVP areas. You could pay in Uncs to be able to host one of these windows, or donator+ status, whatever he would want. YOu could build an arena on your lot, and the floor of the arena would be the battle area.

I believe that plug in comes with prebuilt arenas right? Making people build an arena would be more in the spirit of the server, and it would mean a variety of arenas, different looks, and build styles.

2 people would enter with only a weapon decided on before the battle, and 1 other item like a diamond, iron ingot whatever. Then a battle with the winner getting to keep the prize dropped when the loser is killed. There are a good number of people active in Kingdom, and several cities that would benefit from having an arena incorporated into the city.

Imagine how cool it would be traveling the map and getting to see different people's builds and towns depending on who wanted to host a battle?

But having pvp would be amazing if it were only in small areas. I know we have hunger games, but that is a different type of battle. People could build archery arenas with 2 areas that you would have to shoot across, arenas for sword fighting, even parkour fighting arenas...

Another option that Pine and I were talking about is having the hunger world be able to pull pieces of our maps that are on the server. You could fight in one of our cities, or areas from the city world on the server like Rome.

Just a few thoughts of mine.

jonno

Okay, I have answers. This plugin has its own API, making it very easy to implement almost any idea.

A) The plugin does not have any prebuilt arenas, it uses WorldGuard to define regions for the individual arenas. The arena can really be in any layout imaginable, except it is advised to have a rectangular shape, if it is spleef, due to regeneration. Also it should have a perimeter that cannot be jumped over, just to keep people in.

So yes, you can have a variety of arenas. Yes, you can make people travel to them and meet there.

B) By default, the type of weapon is set in the configuration of each battle type, and is provided free of charge by the plugin. What happens is the plugin will save the user's inventory before battle, and clear it during the battle, giving the weapons/objects permitted during the battle. Once the battle is over, the user's inventory is restored. This can be changed however, in the configuration, you can set prerequisites like certain objects or amounts of money, for the cost of the battle. Also at the end of the battle, it can be configured to give prizes, such as money or objects.

So that should settle object consistency.

C) The PVP arenas are very simple to set up, could be used for jousting, etc. Archery would be difficult since it is hard to use arrow detection on an object. Unless your goal is to kill other players. The way the arenas determine winners is via death. It has options for teams, or free for all.

D) Another thing that can be accomplished is setting up a Hunger Games system with this arena, only it won't randomly generate a new map for every game. A solution to this is by creating a hunger games world, filled with several maps pasted in, i.e. Survival Games, and walls around each one. Then when a user enters the command to join a hunger game, the arena will be chose at random. In addition, bonus chests could then be added in places, and with the use of a chest refilling plugin.

Some of the Pros of this are: Significantly less lag due to no world generation, custom maps with structures and hiding spots, and more features like bonus chests.

Cons are: It's not a generated map, it could get boring after a many game plays, the walls don't shrink.

Hope that sparks some ideas.