Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesBuzzing update
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Buzzing update

I have played 1.15 for some time (locally) - bees are fun, definitely, although it's quite a pain-in-somewhere to build convenient honey farms.

I assume that a separate lot will be required, to actually make much honey (due to mobs head count restriction). But the fact the honey bottles remove status conditions *and* are an efficient food item is very convenient. Especially when sieging ocean monuments.

Has anyone else tried the "buzzing update" in more details? It's kind of trick to place campfire to have bees both passive and not being burnt to death - at the same time.

I have started a local survival game yesterday, played for a while but couldn't find any beehive.. I'll keep on roaming tonight, I don't want to give me a spawn egg for this :/

Quote from stephdeg on 2019/12/12, 21:44

I have started a local survival game yesterday, played for a while but couldn't find any beehive.. I'll keep on roaming tonight, I don't want to give me a spawn egg for this :/

It can be tricky to find a bee nest. Try the below seed

for a nest and other useful locations nearby. Bee nests can often be found in flower forests and plains.

I finally found one nest.. but it only had one bee. In the end I cheated and spawned a companion.

It took me some time to expand the colony because they don't grow fast at all (strangely beefs and sheeps grow a lot faster). I had to stimulate the young ones with a lot of flowers.

They don't grow quickly, and they are quite easy to get angry, or burn to death when flying over campfire.

One trick: forget about the campfire and collect using a dispenser (either glass bottle or shears work fine), the bees won't get mad.

If you really like the campfire, then you can also extinguish it quickly with a bucket of water after collecting and then relight it with silex and iron for later use, no need to cut the amazon forest in the process ;p.

OK so if someone wants bees without going to the DL I can loan out guarnished hives so that you can start your own colony. Just PM me (I will reply faster on Discord). I may not be too much online during the end of year feasts though.

People with construction rights to the Ox Tower can go to floor 9 and breed some for themselves then silk the hive at night.

If you go to the DL, don't bother with the firecamp thing, it's night in the DL and the bees are sleeping inside already, so all you need is a silk pick and and encherchest (apart from your standart DL survival gear).

One more add-on: I've put some guarnished beehives (3 bees inside guaranteed) on the market at the arbitrary price of 500 Uncs each. Type "/list o stephdeg" to visualise ingame.

I've tried to retrieve one by cancelling the offer and the bees were still inside, so I'm rather confident that they'll be there. PM me if you have trouble with that, I'll refund you.