Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Canterbury Cathedral Right Here on Uncovery

Hi everyone, I've started a new megaproject in Kingdom based on the 1400 year old cathedral in Canterbury where I live. I will be trying to recreate the cathedral as close as I can to the real thing. So far, I have started the landscaping so that it can sit high above the city that will also eventually be built around it.

Rather than build from sketches as I have done for the towers in the Flatlands, this monster of a building will come straight from photographs and plans from a pamphlet and book. These are the contextual resources I have gathered for the build so far;

This is a truly magnificent example of historic architecture and it will be an absolute accomplishment to build a Minecraft version for the server. It will be a slow going project so if you want to help out, I can offer uncs or resources in return - but only if you're interested of course XD

Nice, I'll always help, just can't say how much time I can devote to it.

This looks really cool. A prime candidate for 1.7's new stained glass. Having the design plans helps immensely. I will gladly help, but more with materials than time in the near term. With empire about to reset, I am going to be busy, busy, busy.

When 1.7 Lots are able to be used Nexian Corps will provide Supplies / Moral Support.

Is this for the lots next to Pine and I?

Holy cow......