Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesClient chunk cache
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Client chunk cache

Hi,

When I press "F3" (debug screen), I see "961" as first number after "Client chunk cache". The second is 625 (25x25)

Do I understand correctly that server keeps chunks loaded in 31x31 chunks square centered on the player?

(that means the 256x256 lot will always be entirely loaded, wherever on it my player resides).

Or it is actually 25x25 ?

Uploaded files:
  • 2019-08-08_23.18.59.jpg

No, that's you client cache, not the server cache.

The server is keeping a cache as well, but don't ask me how much. That's either determined by the visibility distance or another setting.

The server also keeps the spawn area of certain world's permanently in cache.

I can confirm it's around 128 (8x) as chunks past 96 (6x6) do not have full functionality (crops grow - slower, but hopper chains and villagers do not function) and those past 128 do not operate at all. 31x31 would be cool but we would probably run at 3 tps.

Well, in "Minecraft pedia" I found this, in the "Chunk" article:

In multiplayer mode, a grid with a default inradius of 10 (for a total of 21x21 or 441) chunks is loaded around each player and sent to the player by default, although this can be configured to be between 3 and 15, usually only lowered with a poor connection home server.