Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeContests.
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Contests.

So i've noticed there's no current contest, and it's been that way for a while. Not quite sure what's up with that, but i do miss the motivation in what the contests yeild. And i have been getting this feeling of repetitiveness on the server so I will make this suggestion, and you can take it or leave it; a contest build of a new either guest house, or spawn portal bulding. Y'know, to mix things up a little, because i feel like the current ones are feeling a little stale. But whatever, as i said, just a suggestion.

The issue is that it's a LOT of work to do, organize and close & rank the contest. While it's great to see the builds, the organizing part around it is not fun for me either. I have dreaded and procrastinated it each time, leading to more and longer delays.

Further, I am now still busy finishing the new lot manager system and fixing the hunger games. Both are quite complex and have a huge risk on the server such as crashing it or deleting people's stuff unintentionally so I have to be quite careful writing, testing and so on.

On top of that, the code has become quite complicated over time and I am doing a lot of work on it to improve that. A lot of the smaller new things that you see done over the last 2-3 months happened because I am cleaning up the code.

I understand that people want to do the contests, but once the lot manager is finished, there will be a lot of other stuff immediately possible that will also give a lot of new dynamics to the server. It just takes time.

I understand. Thanks for the response.