Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Darklands + Nether combo

Here's a random idea that some people seemed to like:

When 1.3 comes out and the plug-in dust has settled, I propose deleting the current darklands and nether. Then make a 1.3 darklands. Allow portals to and from the nether in the darklands only. Random portals popping up in the darklands shouldn't be a huge deal, because most serious building doesn't occur there.

I would be fun to use the nether for a fast travel like it was intended for.

You could do fun things like go 1000 blocks out in the nether. Then pop out 8000 blocks away, throw away your tools and try to start a survival life.

I would be fun for the larger biomes too. You see nothing but desert all around. Then nether fast travel takes you to a snow biome.

2c

Lots of players have Blaze Farms in the nether. I think it would be a cruel thing to delete it.

What if we kept the nether, and linked it to the darklands?

That sounds interesting. One of my favorite things about the nether was the traveling properties, so I think this would be kool.

I think that could be cool.

I don't see much of a point to linking the DL with the Nether. What's wrong with the current setup?

Totally up to Unc on this one, but: if you all really want a world link (DL/Nether), create a new Nether and new DL, and make it both a DL, i.e. glow stone only, etc, etc. But please keep the current Nether we have as is.

Sounds like a great idea, although let's not reset the nether, just the darklands if/when we do this.

I'd love to see this done, as of having a new world type (AKA World combo) like one of my ideas would be cool, new, and great.