Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Darklands spawn flags

I recently spoke with a few members regarding the 'Dark lands' spawn - I noticed that creeper were able to demolish blocks (in spawn) upon explosion, I then queried whether or not this was meant to be that way, and they replied "Yes." However; if you were to be caught luring a creeper into spawn and exploding it, you would be banned. I understand that, and agree.

But the problem is, creepers are naturally spawning into the "Dark lands" spawn, thus making players look like they intentionally exploded the creeper when really, they hadn't. Which would then lead them onto a consequential ban.

I can not understand the logic behind this when; there are world guard flags available to prevent a) Creepers from exploding within spawn (Creeper-explosion deny) and B) Creepers from spawning within spawn (Mob-spawn deny)

In my opinion, it appears to look like an open ban scheme, whether or whether this was not intended to be, I don't think it's right and should be changed as soon as possible.

However, if someone could justify why this system is set in place, then I would be grateful for it.

Kind regards, YepImRobbie.

Thanks for the reply uncovery, but despite being able to track who blew the creeper up, wouldn't it be a safer option to just disable creepers within the area, or just prevent the explosion? It would save time and effort having to repair damage back and forth.

I was worried about exactly this my first day (or close to it) on Uncovery, when a creeper blew up next to me, destroying several signs and other things. Which I couldn't fix, because 1. Can't place/remove blocks in Darkland Spawn, 2. The explosion created a hole in the floor, which I fell through, and I was trapped. All I'd have to do to escape was place one block, but I couldn't do that. '

Fortunately, VixenGold kindly rescued me :). And no one blamed me for the creeper explosion.

But I think it would be better if creepers couldn't grief the protected spawn area, so that no one else gets trapped by a creeper explosion like I was (very frustrating!)

There were players that led 10 or more creepers into buildings to intentionally level them. That's really what the rule is talking about; using creepers like walking TNT is a no-no. If one happens to follow you and explode, tell someone who can fix it. You're not going to get banned over an accident.

Actually, in the darklands I can track if damage was done by a creeper and even who triggered the creeper to explode. If you cause damage, the best course of action will be to talk to someone higher level and help to fix the damage. Then nobody will have any issue with that.

If there is a clear pattern or targeted destruction, and discovered later, there will be consequences.

We are not on a witch hunt. We make sure that any damage was done with bad intent and in significant amount before we take action.

I think it's an integral part of the darklands to have creepers blow up your stuff.

I understand, but it's the spawn, and you're able to be banned.

And in regards you being able to see who blew the creeper up, what if they were defending themselves?

Guess what? You fix it. Or ask others to help you fix it. Or at least tell others what happened. Like here on the forum.

Instead of silently sneaking away and hoping nobody finds out.