Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Darkland's tunnel system

For those that do not know, there is a huge project currently going on in the darklands to benefit us all. Several are working on a tunnel system to all the bio-domes. The only one that is missing is a Moo_Shroom Island. If one is found please inform sepengo of the cords. He is the brains behind this project and is mapping out the tunnels. Sepengo is the one that started the tunnels and people come and go on helping out on them.

For those that wish to help, we need help on covering the tunnels, building safe houses at the end of the tunnels at the surface, digging, building XP stations at the saved spawners that are along the rail system, and donations of items. I am not sure what safe houses are left to do but you can ride the rails and check out the ends until you find one that needs to be done. And sadly at some point MC will upgrade enough to a point where Unc will delete the darklands and make a new darklands. When this happens I will have an area decated just to items recovered from the darklands and we will need help stripping everything and saving for the next new darklands.

Some tips on the tunnel system. Along the rail system there are some areas that are open showing lava. This is to help break up the sight of just red walls on those long rail rides. Some of the rails are very long and good for your rail ridding achievement. Most just have a one block high of glass but are open for those that want to jump in for a swim. Fire protection is suggested before doing this. Others are completely glassed off to prevent mobs from crossing over onto the tracks. Please, please, please do not use water on these areas to cross. Also please do not cover. If you must get behind the lava, please tunnel beside the lava, but destroy the path behind you so mobs do not ride the rails with us. Creepers are real bad.

Yo are welcome to tunnel out directly from the tunnels just please close up the path behind you with the red granite that makes the walls. The tunnels are at foot level 11 that is perfect for looking for diamonds. Just be sure to bring lots of food for the trip. It is asked that when you go to the bio_domes to gather that you leave some of the area around the safehouse untouch to perserve the natural look of the bio-dome. This will keep the area looking nice for others.

Remember that there are some special days in the darklands. The server time is Uncover time, time zone is UTC+08:00.

Hungry Wednesdays: Autoheal is disabled. Eating will not heal you.
Freaky Frydays: It’s daylight in the Darklands, but the sun will burn you! Seek shadow, water or a fire resistance potion!
Bloody Sundays: PVP is ON in the Darklands!

So come and dig with us and enjoy the darklands.

One more thing. If you see any skelly horses at the darkland spawn area please kill them. They will spawn the 4 horse men during thunder storms and those are not fun to deal with.

Thank you everyone for the great times building the rails. There are just a few things to finish up including the bases at each endpoint which I will focus on over the next few weeks. I am still looking for a mooshroom island and would appreciate any help.

If anyone is interested, the next big project will be the guardian monument. It has been started, just follow the rail and jump up the stairs. I look forward to seeing each of you online.

Also, I am working on plans for a darklands scavenger hunt. It will be challenging but the rewards will be amazing. Currently planning for 6 hidden chests, each one encased in a different valuable blocks (diamond blocks, emerald blocks, gold blocks, diamond ore, emerald ore, and gold ore) the chest will contain the best possible enchanted gear (example Diamond Helm with Protection 4, unbreaking 3, aqua affinity, respiration 3, thorns 3, mending) Each chest will contain multiple items.

Also, if you worked on the rails, please contact me when we are both online. I have a gift to hand deliver to each of you.

Thank you all and I hope to see you in game.

Sepengo found the Moo-Shroom Isle. It is a bit of a way out. The rail line will start at the end of the Mesa line. This will save some digging. It goes out to -2500, -5250. I have a lot of rails but we are going to need more. Anyone that would like to help on the tunnel will be welcomed with open arms. The first digging of a 1 block wide tunnel is done but widening and covering has yet to be done. Most of the lamps have been placed. I ran out near then end and will need to go back to spawn to get more. Also the jungle tunnel, 4 wide track, still needs some work.

Big high five to Sepengo for finding the Isle. He has been spending a lot of time, and others, looking for this.