Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeFun Facts of Minecraft
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fun Facts of Minecraft

1. The sound of a Ghast, is really just the distorted sound of C418's cat, being aggravated.
2. The sound of a Enderman, is just normal phrases, like "Hello", and "Whats Up", played backwards, and distorted.
3. The coding of a creeper, was just an attempt at creating a pig, but failed. Bigtime.
4. There is a 0.2 chance that a sheep will spawn pink.
5. Notch almost called Minecraft "Cavegame".
6. If you are being attacked by an enderman, and they touch water, they will become passive again.
7. There is an average of 3 diamond ores per chunk.
8. Boats wont crash, when they hit soul sand. So its good for docks.
9. The ability to throw eggs was added when a player said he would eat his USB if Notch added it. He did.
10. No hostile mobs spawn in mushroom biomes (or underground in caves under mushroom biomes).

Please respond with more fun facts, if you've got 'em. Akium Out!

Ice under soul sand magnifies the slow effect.
Nether brick fence and wood fence do not form together when placed next to each other
If the uses bar on your diamond pick looks empty, it probably has anywhere from 0-60 uses left
Using a tool for what it was not intended for reduces the durability by 2 instead of one

I dug a little bit (layers 5 & 6 to be exact). The whole layers got dug out. Here's what I found orewise:
Layer 7:

Coal: 131 Oreblocks
Iron: 118 Oreblocks
Gold: 18 Oreblocks
Redstone: 125 Oreblocks
Diamond: 15 Oreblocks
Lapis: 8 Oreblocks

Layers 6 & 5 combined:

Coal: 222 Oreblocks
Iron: 144 Oreblocks
Gold: 31 Oreblocks
Redstone: 322 Oreblocks
Diamond: 26 Oreblocks
Lapis: 4 Oreblocks

Layer 4:

Coal: 85 Oreblocks
Iron: 93 Oreblocks
Gold: 11 Oreblocks
Redstone: 146 Oreblocks
Diamond: 8 Oreblocks
Lapis: 5 Oreblocks

That's the total of oreblocks in a 128x128x4 area, about the same I've found at my original lot when I dug arounbd there.
It also shows the rarity of lapis... I didn't expect that.
That's some useless facts but maybe some can do something with it.