Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Gold Exchange Plugin Offering

Hi Uncovery,

Not sure what your policy is on this, but I decided to go ahead and write a small plugin to re-create the gold exchange. It seems like the VS maintainer is planning on making this a new set of plugins, but he hasn't gotten around to it and doesn't seem like he's focusing on it right now. I imagine when he does release his version, my version would become unnecessary.

It basically piggybacks on the VS internals (it depends on VS) and adds /exch commands. It uses the same functionality as the old exchange where the rate goes up or down depending on buy/sell activity. I also included a couple of minor options for flood control (transaction size limit, transaction cooldown time).

Anyway, here it is: https://github.com/azkedar/ItemExchange

Just to clarify about the VS dependency, for most VS updates this plugin should not need any changes. I'm using more of the core internal stuff in VS that is relatively stable, so in all likelihood all that is needed is to test with each VS release and it will still work.

Unless you drastically changes the way he handles the basic core stuff, there should be no issue with VS updates.

I think it would be great to use. I want to find some time to finish the contest entries first and then do that.

Hi Unc,

I think the latest plugin you got should be just fine. I did some testing, and I think the issue is with CB RB 1317. I can replicate the bug you reported under 1317, but not 1337. 1317 has a bug with disabling plugins which was fixed in the later release. Can you confirm that you've got 1337 (the latest RB) installed?

If you do, then the last build I did should work (I've done more testing today and everything looks ok).