Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Rules & RegulationsGreifed
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greifed

Someone took my laptop and destroyed my stuff just a little ago. Plus, he said I was gay.......... Could you revert the server before that, Unc? Sorry, but this is the second time it's happend...

Gir, good to hear you could rebuild. Just in case others read this here in the future, here is the situation:

- I make regular backups but do not keep them for long. Normally max one month since they take a lot of space. So I can restore some stuff, but not all. To reset from a backup, I have to make a complete copy of the current server setup, extract the GB-sized backup, start the server, walk to the place, (find out its aa too early/late backup, start from scratch,) select the area, copy it, save the clipboard, shut down the server, move the save-file to the normal server, login to the normal server, walk to the place, load and paste the clipboard. This whole thing takes about one hour or more.
- If someone gives someone else access to his account (willingly or not), this violates server rules as such and is bannable.

So, yes, I technically can reset areas of the server to an earlier status. But it's a lot of work and I will not do so for someone breaking a rule. You are responsible for keeping your account out of the hands of other people.

Gir, Unc can not revert the server. All the other players would lose all their hard work as well.
If your friend took your laptop and logged on to mess around, that is your own fault. I am not trying to be mean or anything. Next time please keep track of your laptop and this should be a lesson to you. :)

Let me know if you need any help with things.

HCP~

oh well.............

Make it so, it does not remember the password, But according to the rules it was your account that did so, similar incidents have occurred in the past. He may be able to revert your lot and i mean MAY. But probably not until he recieves decent internet

It's okay now, I fixed most of it.

I apologize, Uncovery, for allowing this, and for then whining about my own mistake. I've tried and failed at making a server once myself, so I can begin to understand how hard it is to, not only make one, but keep one running.

I'll shut up now.