Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guide to downgrade to version 1.2_02

PreviousPage 2 of 2

For people like Hiosa who have problems playing it online at minecraft.net, make sure you don't have any mods running, it'll just show you a black or white screen after logging in..

i got the djinn one and now it's all messed up!!! it says "cannot connect to minecraft.net"!!!! Wut to do!!?!?!?

Embrac3,

I had the same problem, fortunately, I found a good work-around.

1. Save anything from your Minecraft folders such as your world(s), your texture packs, etc.

2. If you are on PC, download this file: http://minecraft.en.softonic.com/
If you are on a Mac, download this one: http://minecraft.en.softonic.com/mac/download

Downloading this is like downloading a new minecraft basically. It is the old one, but will update automatically. Put your texture packs, worlds, etc back into the respective folders.

3. Open Minecraft, download the new update, and it should work just fine.

4. Smile :D

i tryed to to downgraded minecraft on a school mac while i had a few hours spare. I followed your steps and it didnt work. It downgraded but when i go to open it you log in then it goes into a black screen and doesnt do anything else after that.

don't use texture packs or be careful with them until they are updated due to new blocks

also micko didn't you say you figured it out

Well Ladoman, I figured it out. For GNU/Linux, you only need the minecraft.jar in the new bin directory and let everything download itself from the server; of course with the Version file in the bin directory also. The reason why I had issue was because when I copied over your bin directory over to mine, your data files were all .dll when for Linux, it's .so. Different files conflicting. Even when I thought I had it figured out with the .so, I now had OpenJDK issues, so I switched over to SunJDK and it works great. That's all for now. :)

OSF said:
don't use texture packs or be careful with them until they are updated due to new blocks

also micko didn't you say you figured it out

Yes for my windows at home not the mac's at school

Micko, I've hit the same wall. I was given the option to "Update Now" or "Not Now." Of course I chose not to, but then it loaded up a black screen. I wonder what the problem is...?

idk the new broswer doesnt work for some reason

It does seem to work for ye ole OSF

PreviousPage 2 of 2