Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Harder Darklands

We've all been thinking of how to make darklands harder... why not just enable pvp there. The no build zone at spawn could be the "safe" zone.

like!

Requesting evil twin to darklands for a fight to the death.

No. Darklands is for supply gathering. The last thing i want is someone running up to me and killing me when i'm trying to get back to my stuff after dying or worse, kiling me when i'm on my way to leaving the darklands loaded with precious goods that i spent hours gathering. Darklands pvp would be a griefer's paradise. They could kill you, take your hard earned stuff and walk. You want pvp, build an arena.

Even if they didn't take your stuff when they kill you, it could take more than a few minutes to get back to it so your stuff could despawn before you could reach it again. All it takes is one other person in the area and the despawn timer stays running. What if you were 500 out and someone killed you? How about 1000? Even with a guarantee that your stuff would still be there, it would be really annoying for someone to kill you even by accident, mind you, and then have to run all the way back. I think Darklands should stay how it is. Everything people keep talking about seems better fit in a new world. Seems like people would enjoy a fight world with pvp and super hard mobs. Let's just make that then and leave the rest of the worlds the same.

I agree with Ari. Enabling PVP in darklands doesn't make it harder, unless you are also encouraging people to kill and steal form each other. That runs contrary to the way we've run the server so far, and the culture we've built. After all, what is the difference between enabling PVP and allowing all griefing in darklands? You can kill someone and loot them but you can't break blocks or steal from chests? What sense does that make?

''Before you kill me,let me just put this stuff here in a chest so you can't grief!'' -waits 1 min- ''Okay now you can kill me!''

One of the reasons why people picked this server was due to no PVP.  If you want PVP please go play hunger games.  Darklands is hard enough as it is.  If you did not noticed there is less diamonds and other stuff in the new darklands.  One must stay out more to get what they need.

I feel meh about the darklands anyway, so PvP would make it more fun. But I do understand the reservations about PvP. Maybe another world? Maybe each lot owner can enable PvP on their lots? Who knows

How about everybody gets their own world with their own rules?!?!?! in mine snowballs do explosive damages for uber greifing.  all are welcome.