Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I set up a website showing off my builds...

Yeah. The title says it all. My most recent was the White House Project. So, I suggest you check there first. Thanks!

The website is http://minecraftphotogallery.weebly.com/index.html, just in case you wanted to check it out. Hope you like what I've spent the last few days on!

Seems tiny for a few days in creative.no offense.

I was doing other things, I know. It is pretty small. I am going to update the website and add a lot more builds, like a few of my redstone contraptions and such. I will add videos once I get Fraps.

Yay! you got a skin that looks like a pilot!

@Akium

It's actually a steampunk, but I guess a pilot works.

I'm working on the website more often and trying to improve some of it. I hope in the future it will be packed with multiple builds, and probably will have so many different categories you won't be able to choose from. I've been working on a few redstone things, like a recent monostable circuit design I've made that is really simple. Or, also, I could put up a double-piston extender T-Flip Flop vertical piston Jeb Door, which is what I've actually already made but I don't really think it'd be good for anything in the future. I do see it as a good example of the use of pistons and the many ways you can use blocks with gravity and how many interesting and creative ways you can use redstone. Of course, it wouldn't be unique.

Redstone satisfies my hunger for hearing the many sounds of pistons activating and deactivating, The click or tone of note blocks. the sound of redstone torches burning out. That's the true sound of redstone.

Building satisfies my hunger of seeing a creative, elegant build. It satisfies my hunger for being proud of myself, for being proud of what I've done, for hearing or seeing the compliments people have left. I like playing Minecraft because it satisfies all of my hungers and makes me feel proud of myself, proud of others. To me, most builds of mine are treasures I shall relish as long as I remember Minecraft, as long as I remember anything, to be fair.

I like being creative and sometimes I dream of showing off my builds and inventions or different, better designs of things people have already built to the rest of the world. It's a good feeling, knowing that maybe one day you'll be a famous redstone engineer like Sethbling or Jigarbov. My goal however, is to be like Sethbling. To know how to use MCEdit properly, or how to use it well. To use Minecraft physics to my advantage. Jigarbov, too, does excellent things. In his recent map, City of Love, he used special mechanics I can't even wrap my head around to think how in the world he did it. Using physics that confuse people like that sounds awesome, because if you can do something that may seem impossible in a game, or in life, people will remember how well you've done. They will think, "Man, that guy has some skills!"

That right there is what some people may be saying right now, or even you're saying it while reading this. I'm 12, most people my age can't even decipher how to pronounce immobilize. I'm not being unfair to the other smart people who are 12, just some people in my class read out loud and have trouble pronouncing a difficult word, which I don't blame them for. I've not ever been the best at reading out loud, because I forget to swallow and I end up talking like I have a speech disorder. I'm a writer at heart, it's one of the things I'm good at. I can write powerfully, carefully, and most of all, I can write to where readers want to keep reading. Someday, I do dream of becoming an artist.

Someday, as well, I dream of becoming well-known. I want people to remember me, to remember how good I was at things. We all start at the bottom, no matter how popular we may become. Taylor Swift, or any other famous celebrity you know, for example, might have started at the bottom, like an unpopular kid in their 1st grade class. But really, the unpopular kids have quite a lot of talent. I'm not well known in my school, but I have friends and I'm "slightly" popular. People don't talk about me when I walk by them, but nor do they talk bad about me when I walk by them. Usually people don't talk about me at all. But still, I do have talent with music and such.

Anyways, I'm straying off topic. WAY off topic.

Getting back to the point, I'm working on the photo gallery website. I'm doing such things as redstone and other buildings that I've made. I might keep you up to date on my survival world, but I mostly do creative so I can search for what I can't do and what I can do. If there is anything I can't do, I'll look online for how to do it, so I can expand my abilities.