Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

MINECRAFT FOR XBOX 360 KINECT!!!!!

E3 has announced that minecraft will be coming out on the 360 for kinect in winter this year :D
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/06/07/e3-2011-minecraft-xbox-360-wont/

This is great! I can just picture it on my big 60 inch plasma already :P

I would only get it though if it had multiplayer on it, so I'm not leaving you guys :P

im hoping that it would have multiplayer and voice support.
im just curious into how you could use the kinect to move around and diggy diggy hile. hmmmm

Personally, Im not very excited over this. Minecraft was always ment to be a PC game. I feel like its gonna turn into one of those crappy console games. It almost always happens. Ill like it when I see it.

Oh my gosh, could you imagine killing a creeper? And mining several blocks of obsidian?

This seems like the dumbest idea ever. Like Zapp3d said, it was meant to be a PC game. Xbox is going to ruin it. Look at Portal 2. It went out to Xbox and PS3, but the most success it had was on PC, where it was meant for. I think that Minecraft will be ruined and completely screwed up and overcomplicated by this new stupidity of it being on the Xbox. I also heard that it is going to the iPad. Seems pretty stupid as well. I don't know what Notch is trying to accomplish by giving them access to minecraft other than to boost sales. Other than that it seems pretty ridiculous. Just my opinion.

I think it is great that Mojang is trying to share Minecraft to a larger audience. I am personally extremely excited for the iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc) versions of Minecraft, as when I am on the go, I can still play. As for Kinect... eh, we'll see. I'm not sure how it's going to be waving your hand back and fourth 500+ times to mine out large areas, you know?

Anyways, I still believe that Mojang will primarily target the PC audience for its game, but will slowly branch out to different systems/consoles.

Here is a video of MC on the Xperia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO-y5wzmK4E

I cant wait for the iphone version. Like Hen said I could play on the go. I do often get on chat when I cant play though.

emperor6 said:
This seems like the dumbest idea ever. Like Zapp3d said, it was meant to be a PC game. Xbox is going to ruin it. Look at Portal 2. It went out to Xbox and PS3, but the most success it had was on PC, where it was meant for. I think that Minecraft will be ruined and completely screwed up and overcomplicated by this new stupidity of it being on the Xbox. I also heard that it is going to the iPad. Seems pretty stupid as well. I don't know what Notch is trying to accomplish by giving them access to minecraft other than to boost sales. Other than that it seems pretty ridiculous. Just my opinion.

1st off how did xbox ruin portal 2 the only difference is that you cant spend $3 on a stupid hat for your robot.
and 2nd Mojang isnt making the console version of minecraft a whole other development team is that has worked on the xbox before.

Brian0043 said:
Oh my gosh, could you imagine killing a creeper? And mining several blocks of obsidian?

he said you wouldnt have to use kinect to play minecraft on the xbox. you can simply use the controller as well.

I am just afraid of catastrophic console crossovers. I'm a die hard PC person. I just think that games meant for PC should stay on PC. I understand where Notch is going with this and trying to expand the market, but I still think it should stay on the PC. The users of the Xbox version I think could also get cut short. Like the example of Portal 2 (sorry I keep using this, but it's a great example)when the authorizing tools that let you create your own maps came out, only users who had the game on PC could use it. Who knows what kind of limitations this new Xbox version will put on Minecraft and its users.

emperor6 said:
I am just afraid of catastrophic console crossovers. I'm a die hard PC person. I just think that games meant for PC should stay on PC. I understand where Notch is going with this and trying to expand the market, but I still think it should stay on the PC. The users of the Xbox version I think could also get cut short. Like the example of Portal 2 (sorry I keep using this, but it's a great example)when the authorizing tools that let you create your own maps came out, only users who had the game on PC could use it. Who knows what kind of limitations this new Xbox version will put on Minecraft and its users.

the only limitation i can see happening right now is multiplayer.
no plugins, alternate worlds, etc. etc.