Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Minecraft News!

Here you may post new and upcoming news coming up in Minecraft updates!

I'd like to start out with what I just found out. Please post news in a similar format.

According to Jakob Porser, there should be:

* Wooden and cobble stone half blocks to add some more options for your designs.
* New save file format. With the new format, loading is now seven times faster. On top of that, the number of files for each saved world is drastically decreased. This new format will not destroy your current saves, as they will be converted the first time they are loaded.
* New Minecraft launcher. This is a great communication tool for us as we will be able to give you guys important information directly in the launcher.
* Various bug fixes!
* New block! This is a sweet one for you red stone junkies. A block that acts as a signal carrier, much like red stone. But on top of that, it also acts as a repeater AND a programmable delayer.
* Secret update! Oh, yes. There will be that as well.

Source= http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/09/minecraft-dev-diary-new-block-magic-fiddles/

:O cant wait for that new block!

micko888 said:
:O cant wait for that new block!

i guess if you can't wait, you must be a redstone freak (I dont want to insult anyone) It is just a block that delays redstone signals

There's also a secret block that they haven't unveiled yet, maybe that's what micko is waiting for..

Dude in my single player world i made a 165 button combination to get into my mansion. Took me about 1 week to wire it all and about 3-4's changing the code around. :P i also made a disco with flashing lights and music.

This block makes working a hell of alot easyer!

micko888 said:
Dude in my single player world i made a 165 button combination to get into my mansion.

I call BS. Show me a video of this otherwise I claim you lie.

I'd love to see this aswell. xD

ill give you the map and u can check it out.

prefer a vid upload the map i can easily call bullshit on this