Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Minimap Features Allowed?

I love to have the minimap in Minecraft, the compass and the mini-dynamap on screen helps me navigate really well. That being said both JourneyMap and XaerosMap (the two that currently work with forge under 1.9) have both mob radar, and a "cave mode" which show you the caves terrain as if they were the topographical map. This shows me the areas that I have yet to explore, and the cave I am currently in/digging. Additionally it shows you mobs on the map, both those in your view and those in caves. Caves which is really handy for not getting lost in places, but also lets you see ravines and mineshafts you would otherwise never know were there.

Cave Mode

I noticed that JourneyMap itself has multiple editions.
http://journeymap.info/Editions

There is a version without radar and one without radar and cave mode. I have asked around to see what the rules are, and people seem to suggest that both modes are ok. But I wanted to ask rather than wonder what the official policy was.

Thanks for asking. But sorry, Radar and Cave mode is now NOT allowed. Journeymap would need to use the "Fairplay Version".

You mean not allowed right? People I asked in game had mixed responses so I just wanted to be sure I was following the rules, or in this case asking for a clarification. I think the other minimaps have toggles to manually turn them off.

yes, NOT allowed, fixed above.

Thanks for clarifying. It's more exciting without those modes anyway :D It was a bit hard to find the fairplay download, but here is its for those who want to use it.

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/journeymap-32274/files/2292926

I have experimented with the fair play journey map. Seems great, it can create an overworld history of everywhere you have been, and has great resolution. I noticed though that it does not handle multiple worlds properly without a server side plugin, to send it the GUID of that world. So it overlaps the spawn from empire with the start of skyblock, for example.
As for waypoints, it lets you create waypoint groups, so you can just make waypoints for each server, and toggle them as you visit, rather than asking the server to do it.

Uncovery, would it be permissible to use the Xaeros mini-map (which doesnt have a full screen map, thus doesnt track your history), and manually disable the cave and radar?

If voxel map was updated, rather if liteloader was, it asks you which world you are in, so it can store your location.

I hope this line of questioning isn't annoying lol