Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New game to go with Hunger and Spleef

So, me and Rocky73 were talking the other day and the topic laser tag came up. After about ten minutes we decided we would make a laser tag arena if we won the real life lottery. Then, why cant we make one in minecraft? We were thinking it would be a big building made of obsidian or black wool, with redstone lighting, like a real laser tag place. t could constist of everyone having a bow and, say 15 arrows. One hit kill strikes with arrows, and only get more arrows from downed players and when you respawn, if that can be controlled. If anyone has suggestions and ideas, i would appreciate it. I will be building the arena in my empire lot q7 as a base, using cobble. Final project will be obsidian and black wool. Donations are welcome. I hope that this may be considered a good idea, and uncovery may like it. Thanks anyways if you read this and didnt like, but if you like it, thanks alot!! i really think this could be big.

theoretically this is all fine. To the technical game side:

- we cannot declare people killed on one arrow hit. It would only work if people are actually killed.
- we can write a system where the building is actually locked, and people are teleported in there through a game start command. if you die, you are out. Only risk is people start /tp to each other. I want to write such a system for the spleef arena. This will take some time however since it does not have priority right now

If you want to have this going as a manual system, here you trust the "honorable" player, you can do this by yourself. If you want an automated system, you will have to participate in the issue tracker (see website "help" menu) where we track such projects. There we can discuss what is needed and who can work on it.

sounds good. ill be trying to start building the arena rough draft. Fun project for myself, maybe turns into game, then everyone is happy. So kill with arrows fine, no bringing own bow or arrows, and locking teleport command? Im already with trello too.

For the 15 arrows and bow on spawn, you could use story signs. Also, it could be made where theres an enderchest outside the game area so you remove all possessions, then a fall whose fall damage leaves the player with 1/2 heart left. 1 hit kills, and no lost valuables.