Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeNon-Plugin Guilds!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Non-Plugin Guilds!

I was wondering if there could be a guild system not made with a plugin but a simple system used by WordPress. Charts and guild stuff, it's practically a project I reeeeaaaally want to try out. I know you've had a guild system before, but that was made with plugins that everyone hated to update.

Pros coming out of this:

1. More people could become interested in joining Uncovery! I have played on servers with guilds and everyone had been begging and begging to get into good guilds, or any guilds at all. Some guilds will add users randomly that they know do a great job and that they want. I have in fact been automatically added into a guild in one server. A whitelist server like this one is something that attracts people already, but adding a guild will attract more.

2. It gives people a bond and makes friendships, and also adds a lot of fun to server. the guilds would of course be open 24/7 like the game.

Cons that I hope won't happen:

1. Wars among players will be struck out, but I guess that'll add to the fun and realistic-gaming feel.

2. It might make some people be more reclusive. I don't want people to be reclusive from each other, so I really truly hope that won't happen.

All of these are just tidbits of what I want to try out. I've actually been wanting for a while now to make a guild system that does not require any plugins or downloads, just an on-website system. I, of course, would take full responsibility for anything bad and full responsibility for the guild system. If you want to know how it works, I'll make a second forum (Guild System Info) explaining the system. I hope this is an agreeable forum.

Sincerely,

LittleRedWolfGal (LRWG)

Oh, I like that idea

Support.

+1. We have a little surprise prepared

It will cause me to be reclusive because I do not like anything that separates the players or causes favoritism, even tho that inevitable happens. War is not fun and even tho this is not actually in place yet, there are already problems that are arising from it. Please rethink this and consider what I'm saying. Its so nice to have a friendly, all-welcoming server as opposed to a server where if you don't fit in, you are really left out.

Thanks for listening. I am OPPOSED.

Originally, me and my people started the guild as a friendly, believe it or not we try to keep this a close knit community to keep the peace. Which, as usual when a clan is created. Comes some complications, which were solved easily.

I support the whole guild idea, I believe it'd actually create a even better community aspect for the server

-Capt. SteelShanks.

I like the idea. You can become or make better friends with fellow Uncoverians. Guilds do completely mean war. Sure, in the Darklands and HungerGames(if it ever gets fixed) might cause a few wars, but guilds can be fun and do many things with other people. I support the idea.

I disagree slightly with poke. Guilds do not always mean war. Take Runescape for example. Crafting Guilds, Archery Guilds, Cooking Guilds, and so on and so forth. I believe that Guilds are created to have fun. If Guilds are completely war, they might as well be called Factions. Guilds as a general rule should do nothing but promote the loving community that is Uncovery. I can foresee Guilds competing for the title of "Most Caring" by donating materials to newcomers on the server, in hopes of gaining their membership. Friendly competition, mind you, much like the duels in the Darklands where we return another player's items. I fully support Guilds.

-Soerum

Aye.. And as he mentioned about runescape guilds, we'd be classed under a pirating guild.

If that is true, then why has it already made people turn against other people in-game?

As I said before, ma'am. I settled the problem.

Well, since we already have people that joined up with the Imperium, It would give more of a reason behind the name. I like the idea, but don't really think we have to worry about a war since the only place it could be fought is in DL on a single day of the week.

At least it'd be coordinated, right?

That is true. However, they were teaming up, excluding other players. That is, I suppose, something that has been changed in the last few hours. I'm afraid it may have run at least one person off. I hope they return.

That is true, your completely correct. However these guilds arn't meant to be taken seriously, but of course as people will do, they did take it seriously.

That does not mean the whole system is bad, its one kink that can be fixed in a matter of seconds.