Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Project DARKLANDS

Hello, its bdogg73.

A while ago, I noticed how "dirty" the Darklands was. There were creeper holes everywhere because of no lighting around spawn. Everything was kind of weird. :P

So! I decided to create Project DARKLANDS. This project, clan, team will be used to help fix the darklands. Fix creeper-holes when needed to. Lighting up The area. Checking peoples builds in the darklands if anything has been griefed. When the new darklands was updated, me and KZR_NVD built a mob farm with a zombie spawner we found. Sometimes I check to see if it has been griefed. Luckily, it hasnt, but, the desert around it, looks terrible. :P But the project isn't going to remake the deserts, its just going to remake the the DL Spawn to look nicer, and help settlers and citizen + while there.

If you have any concerns or questions about this project, feel free the ask below. Thank You.

-bdogg73

I repaired the stone walkway leading toward the bridge and a hole in the bridge a few days ago. Looked like creeper damage. I used materials from the "materials to fix things" chests.

Yea, I put the fence up a long time ago as a outline of a building area but I never did build anything further than the area right around spawn. Feel free to rip it down.

Hey bdogg. I totally agree with you. If you need any help with the project please feel free to contact me. I'm also on the server a lot so I will be there to help. Thanks!

-Cooldude

Yep. I destroyed the desert for sand.

/ban sleepystrangekid
You do not have permission for that command.
Kingoftheschool (forums): any elders on?

Oh jeeze. I'm not the only one who did it ya know.

That's what the darklands are there for :P Sleepy shall be spared by the ban hammer once again.

Today in the Darklands, I had an encounter with 3 creepers, and 1 blew up a light, and dirt around it. I bought a lamp from the shop and fixed it but we need to prevent this from happenening. I think we should fix the broken fences and fence in the DL spawn, but have fence gates to get out on each corner. If you guys like the idea, please post here.

Thanks!
- Cooldude =)

Thank you cooldude for fixing it up, and im thinking of removing the fencing and putting something else.

Ok. Good luck!

Ol thanks Pag, and if you want I can give the fences back if you'd like.

Nice idea. My help is available too, should there be need for it, tho I'd ofc need rights to touch a thing there.
P.S. I have some stacks of jack'o'lanterns I dont need so they are as available as I am.

Thanks Estebanismo, when I get online and you are too, you can give to me then. :)

Don't worry about returning the fences. Oh and I am pretty sure Jack o'lanterns do not work in DL. Only light sources are redstone torches, redstone lamp, and glowstone.

And you know...the sun. :D

Oh yes I forgot. They would have made excellent worklights. Ah well.

I was out in the Darklands last night and it still looks to be in questionable shape. Is this project still going on or is there any plan put in place? I'd be happy to help build up some of the walkways and light those areas up better.

If there is not a plan for the Darklands spawn, is there some place that we can use to come up with a plan and share it with anyone willing to help so that we're all working toward the same goal?