Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PvP Arena/ Areas in City

Just to start off, the /warp pvparena is void now that the Darklands has been reset.

What if we made the city into PvP? Not many participate in Bloody Sundays. Not everybody is in the mood then. Some people also want regulated PvP, but Hunger Games seems far from fixed. And so, let's cavort in the city!
Better yet, make parts of the city into pvp areas. Battles in the death star sounds epic- just an example.

It would be a great way to have fun around the city and to enjoy what everybody has built to be there. It deviates from the ornamental to the functional community space.

We can place a sign that a user must click on to enter survival and PvP becomes relevant.

We have enough masters and elders available to oversee these plans and possibly make the pvp areas regulated*.
Masters and Elders could make some fun obstacles/traps. Or maybe even allow us (Masters and Elders) to use mob eggs for some interesting fights.

*Even if users could still fly around in creative within these areas I don't see it being an issue. It's all for fun. Nobody will lose anything. Users could hatch their own PvP style they want to have by dropping various items. Whiners can be muted and cheaters jailed- which will be rare since our community base seems mature.

So, what say you all?

I would love that. Maybe even have matches of one rank against another.

You can do that of course. If you decide to build an arena in the city as master/elder, please go ahead and find a good location for it. You can use signs to switch to creative more.

The advantage in the darklands is that I can prevent people from teleporting into or out of an arena because it's a per-world setting. I cannot do that in the city. The Arena in the darklands was copied from a model made in the Aether. I have not thought about that being there when I reset the darklands. I can copy the arena again into the darklands without problems. The protected lot should still be there. We might have to move it, but it's all relatively easy to re-install as it was.

My idea was to make the current builds, in the city, into fun places to have PvP squabbles in.

It would be very enjoyable to PvP in Rome.

Sorry, the other idea was to give people the ability to only use what is available to them through the creative menu. No enchanted diamond. It would help balance the PvP.

Well as long as you make sure that nobody start damaging the builds by intent or accident, fine with me.

There is this bukkit plugin: PvP Toggle

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pvptoggle/

Maybe make a temp test world of the city with this plugin. Then some of us get on and try to see how far we could push it. Such as to make sure we can not do damage to the world. Also if flying was taken away during pvp. It would be easy for Masters and Elders to accidently damage the city while doing pvp there. Builder's rights will need to be blocked during pvp in the city.

Would it be easier to just make another world that is a copy of the city for the pvp. No damage to the land. Maybe dispensers hidden all around that world with unlimited supplies. Some just food. Others different armor and so on. Some that shoot out mobs, maybe a ghast or 2 to liven things up. Mobs will be able to hurt you. Working on this with just 2 hours of sleep so I am coming up with some strange stuff on this.

You might have seen that the plugin has not been updated since 2012 and that people have been complaining since last year that it's broken. So we won't use that.

Let me see what we can do without plugins.

Vixen, I don't see what you mean. Flying won't be taken away unless you enter survival/creative mode. How would masters and elders destroy anything in PvP? No worries about flower pots and the like. If masters and elders did join the fray then all they need to do is stay outside. I'm sure they would fix anything wrong, anyways. Heck, maybe add more decoration to those rooms that need it! heh.

Unncovery, there is a more stable and up-to-date PvP toggle for bukkit.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/simplepvptoggle/

I love this idea. To be able to PvP in all the unique builds without damaging them. I would use a kit command for basic gear/weapons and use dispensers for special items.

Great idea.

So we have signs now in the city to help change the game mode. Those can be of course placed anywhere.
We can theoretically enable PvP in the city anytime. People who are in creative mode are fine.

We do not need a plugin since I can change PVP through our system.

I am very sorry. I had had only 2 hours of sleep when I was thinking, or trying to think how it would be in the city with PVP. I see and understand better now on this. Will bows work? This will be great for going to a high spot and playing sniper on others that are fighting on the ground. I have been wanting to see how some of the crafted arrows work.

Will mobs be able to attack those in PVP in the city? If so this will make it even more interesting. If mobs can attack those that are PVP in the city, then could mob spawners, a few hidden ones, be added around the city? Such as Blaze or Ghast ones to play havoc with any potential snipers? Endermen would make it interesting also.

Another rough night with little sleep, so if these thoughts do not make sense or are too crazy, then please ignore me. I have only done PVP a few times so this is a bit new to me on what can be done. The changing between PVP and creative like this is new to me also so I am trying to see what all can be done in this mode. I tend to ask a lot and watch before jumping in and doing. I find this very interesting and look forward to doing this after I get a bit more sleep.

Master is new to me so I am very cautious in the city. I feel like a bull in a glass shop. Due to this, I am very careful on what I do and where I go in the city.

I look forward to the PVP in the city. I just told KimiJean about PVP in the city and she got this evil grin. I believe that she is looking forward to kicking my tail in the city.

It's perfectly okay, Vixen.

Uncovery: Theoretically enabling PvP in the city sounds good. What is keeping the decision from allowing PvP there at all times?
If not, could Masters and Elders enable PvP? Perhaps only Elders?

I'm itching to try it out and have some fun collaboration!
Community events are be the best!

:D

Theoretically, we could leave it on all time. I am trying to think of something that would go bad if we did it, but cannot really come up with something.