Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Revisiting Skyblock

Hello all!

I know we've brought this up before, but since there are a few people playing on skyblock again, I thought it warranted revisiting. There are a few things I'd like to see on skyblock to make it a bit more varied and I don't think adding them cheapens the challenge in any way. You could also make the 'trading post' only available to players who achieve some type of skyblock milestone. My purpose to this is that I love skyblock but your materials are very limited in making unique structures. Even just adding in different wood would be awesome! Here's my proposal:

Trading a stack of oak saplings for a single sapling of another tree.
Trading a block of iron for a gold ingot.
Trading x stacks of smoothstone for 16 gravel.
Trading a redstone block for a lapis block.

This could probably be custom coded, but since I know nothing about that, I will refer to a plugin I've used before. It works relatively well, but I think you can only ever trade a stack of something. This would limit something like trade #3 above... making trading anything stone a bit of an issue.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/merchant/

Let me know what you think, or what trades you'd like to see (some way to get sand?). Obviously it won't matter unless unc is on board :) Just wanted to reopen the discussion! Thanks!!

I've played skyblock on servers where you can buy necessary items from an-in game store using whatever currency you get from voting. They offered things like grass blocks, lava buckets, saplings, etc.

Maybe part of the challenge is that you just can't replace your lava if you turn it into obsidian like I did, but I'd prefer if I could just buy a new lava even if it cost the same as getting a new lot.

A trading option would help to develop some new challenges in Skyblock. I would love to get some sand as well since I have a cactus, but no way to do anything with it....

Yeah, I have to finally add the sand. Sorry for that. I am not sure however adding a shop is a really good idea. The original thought was that on top of the money you have to spend for a new lot, having to restart from scratch is the bigger hurdle. Similar to a hardcore server.

Also, I have posted this here a while ago: http://uncovery.me/2014/02/11/skyblock-challenges-setup/

I did not get any positive specially encouraging feedback, so I have not worked on this anymore.

I would play that challenge stuff in skyblock if I could do so in a block separate from my regular block. Maybe the challenge plots would just open up at certain times and everyone who wanted to could jump into one and play against the others who did the same.

Anyway, if it's a lot of work (it probably is) then it's probably not worth the effort though.