Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shepherd Minigame

I've just finished a minigame I've imagined:

View post on imgur.com

It works like this:

In each pen there is 3 sheeps and 4 pads (2x2 pressure plates).
Underneath, a hopper with 80 eggs is getting emptied each time all 4 pads are pressed.
The glowstone towers light up progressively as the hoppers are emptied.
The first to light his tower all the way up wins.
When one tower is finished, scoring is blocked in the other pen, and points can be counted.
A central button reloads the hoppers, a lamp is lit when each hopper is loaded.
When both are lit up, a new game can start.
Notes are played each time the signal goes up one level (there is 5 in total).
Last level plays a double note.

I thought I should reply to myself so that the topic appears on the front page..

I also have some precisions anyway:

It may not be clear enough in the first text, but the hopper is being released as long as the 4 pads are pressed (with 3 sheeps + the shepherd), so as long as all 4 corners lights are on, there is no need to move.

The redstone lamp towers do not actually start to light up at the first notes, the first visible lamp only lights up at the 7th note (about half-way to the end). That is because I just have set up a simple redstone line from the side of the receiving hopper, so the first blocks are hidden.

Yes, a good deal of luck is involved.. sometimes the sheeps move every 3 secs, sometimes they just stand still :)

Breeding the sheeps or inviting your cat/dog is obviously forbidden by the International Shepherd Gaming Federation's rules.

One problem I had Steph, was that I couldn't get out except for tping. You probably need a gate or something so people can get out of there easily.

I would have though it was more a problem to get in (for settlers and citizens, or for anyone when I'm not online) than to get out. Don't we all "/home" when we're in strange places?

I don't know how to set a gate, I cannot connect to any subway network if there's one.. best thing I can think of is a sign that points out the direction of empire spawn ;p (1400 blocks hike, easily feasible during daylight)