Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGame: Worlds, Areas, BuildingsSkynether
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Skynether

So I was on Teamspeak the other day and I think it was Hiosa who said something about a new world being lotted. It got me the idea of making a Skylands and Nether mix. A very challenging world where ghasts may shoot you into the void because once again, it's like the skylands and the nether. I've planned out this very seriously and thoroughly.

The starterkit will/should contain:

32 Cobblestone
128 Plank (Normal)
32 Sand
1 Wooden Sword
2 Cowegg
128 Gravel (For getting flint)
64 Feather
6 String
6 Sticks
5 Wheat

Water and TNT cannot be placed.

Blocks in the terrain contain:
Netherrack
Soul Sand
Lava (Source Block)
Glowstone
Etc.

Lot's are divided into 128x128 as normal lot width and length
World Lot max is 200 unless updates

Command to get the Skynether starterkit is "/kit skynether"
This command is only usable in the skynether.

I never said that a new world was being lotted.

Well, you actually said something about making a new lotted world.

I honestly don't see the point in this "new world". There's no point in going there because all mentioned blocked can be found elsewhere. There seems to be no reward for going there like the dragon's EXP.
Are you just trying to make something harder?

Yes, technically I am. It'd be a more challenging version of the nether or the skylands.

There is a reward for going there - It's rewarding to know that you've taken on a challenge and that you can survive there. You can also get XP by killing pigmen, ghasts, etc.

I also don't see any reward for being in the Skylands, or the nether. There is no boss, and in the skylands there are no mobs like creepers, skeletons, zombies, etc. This would add mobs from the nether and place them into the skylands. There are no trees but you do start with wooden planks, thus being able to make a small enough house out of wood, make a crafting table, storage, or more. You can also make a Glowstone house, find a fortress and use the nether block you find there, use it as a house, or make a netherrack house. You have enough cobblestone to make a furnace, and I made one mistake -- You get 32 Coal in the starterkit. If not any coal, you can still eat the meat you get from cows you've bred raw.

Right, but the reason the skylands exists is for building. The reason the nether exists is to gather materials for building.
If this world existed I know I would be able to survive there just by reading the materials required. However, since there is an easier option I would rather go there whenever I need to collect items for serious building. When I seriously want to gather glowstone I don't want to hop around from island to island like a rabbit on sugar while I'm being tailed by 3 ghasts who can shoot at me and destroy said glowstone or me. I think people would get too frustrated to continue going there after being blown up by a ghast for the 100th time.
And if this is like the skylands, how are we supposed to get to said lots? In the Skylands we have railways but ghasts can easily destroy them by shooting while you're in them, ruining and killing serveral future players that go that way.

you forgot dirt for planting stuff. Also, while everyone has different motivations why they go to a world, which makes it as we see very hard to argue what is right or wrong. in the end I can only say that it is impossible to create this world here on the server.

I'd like to see the draw distance increased before another world is added.

draw distance affects the server 10 times more than anotjer world. the player number is much more important than the world number and view distance is affecting per user squared while another world only loads chunks from somewhere else

Pilot, when did i say that we were making another lotted world? I NEVER said that. Get your facts right.

Sorry, I'll drop it.

Hee hee. Tried to sneak it in there though! :-)

Xecaria, the subway thing on the Skynether can be protected with the right plugins.
Also, dirt can/will be added to the starterkit, as of having 128 dirt to start with. The ghasts can be removed if it's causing a big enough problem, but the pigmen should stay if we're to have a challenge.

Sorry if this won't work, but it's worth a shot.