Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Spectator Mode for Hunger Games

So in the latest snapshot (14w05a), they added a new gamemode called spectator mode/gamemode 3. In this gamemode you are able to see what other players/mobs see, navigate through blocks (noclip), and fly around all while being invisible. You are also unable to interact with any items or blocks.

I find this to be extremely useful for the hunger games as you would be able to watch the remaining players battle it out. The feature could be used in two ways;

1. The players that die in the hunger games world will respawn as a spectator.
2. The players that did not want to play the hunger games could do "/hg spectator". This would allow them to spectate the current hunger games.

I am not sure of whether this is difficult or not to code but I think it would be a great addition to the hunger games. I just wanted to throw this idea out there and hope that it is possible and that everyone likes it. :)

I think its a great idea, and could let users get in on the fun without the pvp. For it to work, I think /msg and chatting outside of the spectator channel would have to be disabled to keep people from using it to give an advantage to players competing in HG.

I love this idea. I generally don't like PVP but watching them is fun. I agree with silver that all channels/messages but the hunger game one should be disabled for players during the game.

Also, the spectator mode might be useful for the guests before they become setters.

I like the idea of spectator mode for the hunger games, especially since it is closer with the new snapshot. FOr guests, I don't think it would be a good idea because they could use it to find ravines and such within their chosen lots, not to mention have no clue what it looks like to walk to their lot.

That's a very good point Kenny. I agree. The spectator mode shouldn't be allowed outside the hunger games then.