Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Suggestions for Uncovery

So I have three suggestions for uncovery. If you read these thank you. If you use them, you're awesome.

If someone is banned it says: <user> was crushed with Ban-Hammer by <elder/uncovery> for <reason> eg. Hypok was crushed with Ban-Hammer wielded by Uncovery for being too awesome.
When someone leaves after ten seconds of their death the message reads: <user> has rage quit! eg. Hypok was shot by skeleton, seven seconds later, Hypok has rage quit!
In the dark lands you cannot use chat or message. When you try to do so the following message will appear in your chat. "You try to speak but only silence escapes your mouth." Perhaps you also can't see chat messages from elsewhere but that one is not super important as to making the server cooler.

Those are my suggestions, I hope you consider them.

Dead fish be epic yo!

Hypok • The Rebel, among other things

It would be bad for people not to be able to talk in the dark lands.  People often need help, have a question, noticed damage in the dark land's spawn, talk when working with others in the dark lands.

Instead when people are muted have it that they can not see any chat.

Off topic.  Lot of RL drama has been going on so I do not have much time for mine craft.  But I still love reading the forums.  Miss you guys.  Will try to be back on soon.  Happy Building and hugs.

I read that post multiple times and not in there once is there a suggestion, I only saw bits of you pointing out problems on the server, I would say if you are muted you probably get that message about silence, but the rage quit bit is quite funny!! Sorry I am no help but it's just funny!

Sent from that apple thingy!

The death/ban messages are not easily customizable unfortunately. I would need to find and install another plugin. I am quite reluctant to install further plugins (maintenance is a mess) for only "visual" effects that do not really change game dynamics.

The chat in Darklands is very tricky. I am still planning to make the darklands harder, but communication with others is a important part of the server. If people cannot chat in there, they will simply join IRC or chat via teamspeak. So I do not think this is a good thing to do.